Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought an LC9 w/ Lasermax sight. When I took it to the range for the first time last Thursday night, I noticed it was shooting way to the right. As I compensated by aiming to the left, it still hit to the right. After the third reload, I noticed my front sight had moved way to the left. The sight was moving freely in the front dove tail. Luckily, I saw this issue on youtube, so on Friday, I called Ruger Customer Service and they said they would send me a new slide for the fastest resolution to my issue. Should arrive in three to five business days. It came today, but since I wasn't home, tonight I have to go to UPS to pick up my new slide. My hats off to Ruger customer service!!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
They've been pinning the front sight for some time now, yours must be an early model.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mine did the same thing. I have it back now with the sights fixed and it works great.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Just bought mine, a few weeks ago. The fired brass envelope says Aug 30, 2012.

Don't know if that is the manufacture date, or just the date it was fired in the factory to produce the fired brass.

My front sight is NOT pinned, and is tight. No movement. As for the rear sight, I Always loctite small screws on my firearms when I get them. When I removed the screw, it was tight. Loctite gives a piece of mind.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just recently bought an LC9 w/ Lasermax sight. When I took it to the range for the first time last Thursday night, I noticed it was shooting way to the right. As I compensated by aiming to the left, it still hit to the right. After the third reload, I noticed my front sight had moved way to the left. The sight was moving freely in the front dove tail. Luckily, I saw this issue on youtube, so on Friday, I called Ruger Customer Service and they said they would send me a new slide for the fastest resolution to my issue. Should arrive in three to five business days. It came today, but since I wasn't home, tonight I have to go to UPS to pick up my new slide. My hats off to Ruger customer service!!!
I picked up the slide from UPS last night and installed it. The new slide's front sight is not pinned...Hopefully, Ruger corrected the problem by making the dovetail smaller or the sight a little bigger... I'll let you know how it works out after I take it to the range again.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
mine was moving all over the place. I tried to put a piece of scotch tape then drive the front sight back on but I couldn't get it started. so I marked the front sight with magic marker so no one would see. and then peened the slide this made the shots low.So I took it back off and brazed a couple thousands on the front sight.Then took a wet stone and buffed it down till it was perfect. and hit at 18 yds. SO my front sight is golden colored. and perfect. did'nt want to send it in don't trust'm

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I picked up the slide from UPS last night and installed it. The new slide's front sight is not pinned...Hopefully, Ruger corrected the problem by making the dovetail smaller or the sight a little bigger... I'll let you know how it works out after I take it to the range again.

I contacted Ruger Customer Service and let them know about the slide they sent me. The front sight was not pinned. They told me that the slide I received should have no issues. Ruger found that the dovetail was too big, so if the front sight is not pinned, the correct size dovetail has been cut.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I contacted Ruger Customer Service and let them know about the slide they sent me. The front sight was not pinned. They told me that the slide I received should have no issues. Ruger found that the dovetail was too big, so if the front sight is not pinned, the correct size dovetail has been cut.
Thanks for the update clarification.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I went to the range today and tried out the new front sight... I shot 100 rounds without issue. The front sight is still tight. THANK YOU Ruger Customer Service for your prompt actions!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts