Ruger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my brand new LC9 to the range today, fired 7 rounds through it, reloaded it, chambered it, pulled the trigger only to find that the hammer never dropped / trigger never broke. The trigger pulls 95% of the way and stops, as does the hammer. The shop is handling the repair process for me since I purchased the gun roughly 36 hours ago.

Has anyone seen or hear of this issue? I have read about a large assortment of various issues with the trigger and mag safety, but this doesnt seem to fit anything Ive read about. I loved the first 7 shots of the gun and hope to love the next several hundred once it's repaired. However, I think my confidence in my particular LC9 will be in question from here on if I dont make some sense of the issue.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks all!

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
I took my brand new LC9 to the range today, fired 7 rounds through it, reloaded it, chambered it, pulled the trigger only to find that the hammer never dropped / trigger never broke. The trigger pulls 95% of the way and stops, as does the hammer. The shop is handling the repair process for me since I purchased the gun roughly 36 hours ago.

Has anyone seen or hear of this issue? I have read about a large assortment of various issues with the trigger and mag safety, but this doesnt seem to fit anything Ive read about. I loved the first 7 shots of the gun and hope to love the next several hundred once it's repaired. However, I think my confidence in my particular LC9 will be in question from here on if I dont make some sense of the issue.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks all!
First, welcome from MO!.
I have not. My LC9 has not given me any trouble. I seem to be pretty lucky with my guns. Good luck with it. The LC9 is a very good CCW gun.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'd call Ruger. Had an issue recently with my SR22. They sent me a mailing label and had it back it me in nine days and that includes shipping both ways. Had a small problem at the UPS terminal when sending. Called Ruger and they even worked around that. Put a new slide on, no charge.

IMHO customer service just doesn't get any better. I was so pleased I bought an LC9. Any excuse. :)

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
So many issues with this gun.....I like it, but don't know if I trust it.
I have one of the first LC9's and I do not understand why so many people have had issues. I have never had the first problem with mine. My LC9 has turned into my EDC and truck gun.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The shop just called me. Said they took it apart, inspected everything, reassembled it and it now works fine. Wow. I love the LC9 and dont believe mine is a reason to dislike the gun, but it will take some time for me to gain confidence in it now. Thanks for the responses everyone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Took it to the range and fired a few hundred rounds through it with no problems. I am very pleased with every aspect of the LC9 despite the initial trouble. Anyway, thanks for the replies everyone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts