Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
People can say what they want to about the LC9's accuracy.

I was up at the cabin this weekend working on our pole barn project. 2 of my dad's friends called to ask if they could come over to shoot in our field. One had 2 Beretta 9's. I was bummed that all I had with me was the LC9. We set up 5 bowling pins on a rail.

From 15 yards, I knocked over all 5 with 7 rounds in the gun for 5 mags straight. Beretta guy was struggling; clearly trigger pull issues.

We moved back to 30 yards. I got 3 of 5 with 7 rounds 3 mags in a row.

For a "not a target gun"; not too bad, especially since I haven't shot the thing since April.

Wish I'd brought the GP up with me. (Or the P226)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I have the LC9 as well as the SR9c and the SR40c. For some reason I can shoot a much tighter group with the LC9 than I can with either the SR9c or the SR40c even with the long trigger pull on the LC9. I'm very dissappointed with the accuracy of both the SR9c and SR40c. I really like my LC9, carry it daily and shoot it every couple of weeks to stay proficient with it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
My wife and I have great results with the LC9 has never failed to fire and is quite accurate.
I like it so much it is my CCW. loaded with Win Ranger TS 147gr HP.

·
Zombie Hunter
248 Posts
The looooooonng trigger pull has some people miffed, but I don't mind at all. I bought mine for my wife at first, but she didn't like the kick of small 9mm, so she bought a Sig 380 and the LC9 became mine. It shoots very well for a compact, nice and accurate. And it's still light enough to carry without that annoying "sidearm heavy on my hip" sensation. I ordered a stainless steel guide rod and some grips from Galloway. Think I'll keep this lil' sweetie.:cool:

·
Bat Man
1,672 Posts
I shot a copperhead in the head at about 6 feet with the LC9. I can hit an 8" plate at 25 yards. I'm not a great shooter and I have to concentrate. I don't see a problem with the accuracy of the firearm. It is a challenge to shoot well and that's one reason I like it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts