Ruger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an LC9 that has a couple hundred rounds through it. Took it to the range today and became a horrible shooter after about 25 rounds.

I looked at the gun and noticed that the front sight had slid considerably to the right. I went home and called Ruger. They are no longer having you send them back, they send you a new slide and then you return the old defective one.

It did not occur to me until after I hung up....Are they going to send me a new slide with all of the parts already on it...IE- firing pin---loaded Indicator?????

I really do not want to swap that stuff out myself....Any one know what they will send me?

Thanks.....Bill

·
Zombie Hunter
248 Posts
I have an LC9 that has a couple hundred rounds through it. Took it to the range today and became a horrible shooter after about 25 rounds.

I looked at the gun and noticed that the front sight had slid considerably to the right. I went home and called Ruger. They are no longer having you send them back, they send you a new slide and then you return the old defective one.

It did not occur to me until after I hung up....Are they going to send me a new slide with all of the parts already on it...IE- firing pin---loaded Indicator?????

I really do not want to swap that stuff out myself....Any one know what they will send me?

Thanks.....Bill

If your conerned, you might call and ask. I would think they will send a ready to use complete assembly. I've run several hundred through mine and I must be the only LC9 owner that has not had sight problems yet. The new slides supposedly have the sight pinned down. Just noticed mine appears to be pinned. Sorry for the trouble. I always hate it when my toys get broken:(

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your conerned, you might call and ask. I would think they will send a ready to use complete assembly. I've run several hundred through mine and I must be the only LC9 owner that has not had sight problems yet. The new slides supposedly have the sight pinned down. Just noticed mine appears to be pinned. Sorry for the trouble. I always hate it when my toys get broken:(
Me too...and thanks.....I took a couple hundred rounds with me today and was going to give it a real testing and see how she did. Well....I guess I found out. And to top it off.....It was 600 degrees in the range, I was all alone...took off my sweat shirt......forgot to put my ear gear back on.....And I have one hell of a ringing going on right now:(

What a dumb ass I am

·
Registered
250 Posts
Well, it’s no consolation to you but pistols shucking off their sights is nothing new, the old staked front sights on GI 1911 pistols and even the factory Colt’s would disappear in a flash. I’ve also known of the Glock plastic front sight trying out its free flight form as well. I am fairly certain that Ruger will send you the complete and ready to install slide for your Lc9. I had one of the early Kel - Tec P32 pistols that had a problem with the slide and was sent the complete, ready to install slide. I hope your problems are resolved soon; the Lc9 is a hand little 9mm P.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Me too...and thanks.....I took a couple hundred rounds with me today and was going to give it a real testing and see how she did. Well....I guess I found out. And to top it off.....It was 600 degrees in the range, I was all alone...took off my sweat shirt......forgot to put my ear gear back on.....And I have one hell of a ringing going on right now:(

What a dumb ass I am
Be gald you didn't do that in one of our ranges in Vegas where they rent out full auto assault rifles and shot guns. You'd have more than a ringing then.:eek:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah..I wont make that mistake again....it is a small 2 man range.....so it was damn loud..and in a very confined space

And yes..the Lady said the new one would be pinned...they are pinning all of them

·
Zombie Hunter
248 Posts
Be gald you didn't do that in one of our ranges in Vegas where they rent out full auto assault rifles and shot guns. You'd have more than a ringing then.:eek:
Where I go it's a seven lane range. They loan out full autos there too. They call it "Double up time" because you need both plugs and muffs. That keeps out the noise, but the concussion one lane over from a full auto is really something else.:eek:

·
Registered
247 Posts
I just created a thread on the exact same issue. I called them today, and they are going to ship a fully assembled slide. There would be a huge liability issue if they were instructing people to detail strip the slides themselves.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I don't own the LC9, but I wasn't impressed with a few I saw at my local gun shops. Some looked like they had warped or misaligned hammers, rough edges, etc.

To me, this sounds like they've had too many problems with this gun, if they're not even bothering to have people bring them in anymore.

I think Ruger, as well as some other manufacturers, may be pumping out some models too fast to keep up with the current huge demand, and sometimes quality suffers.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Called them back today to see if I could get a tracking number and who was delivering it. Well, all they would tell me was that it was scheduled for delivery today and that someone had to be there to sign or they would not deliver it. (UPS)

It would have been nice if the girl would have included that little detail when she told me 5 days. No tracking numer....no way for me to tell when or if it is coming. Here we are on the 8th day and had I not called......Geeezzz.

They build a POS quality fire arm....and expect you to sit at home and wait because some day...someone..from some delivery service may show up for a signature.

This will definately be my last Ruger.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Called them back today to see if I could get a tracking number and who was delivering it. Well, all they would tell me was that it was scheduled for delivery today and that someone had to be there to sign or they would not deliver it. (UPS)

It would have been nice if the girl would have included that little detail when she told me 5 days. No tracking numer....no way for me to tell when or if it is coming. Here we are on the 8th day and had I not called......Geeezzz.

They build a POS quality fire arm....and expect you to sit at home and wait because some day...someone..from some delivery service may show up for a signature.

This will definately be my last Ruger.
Sorry for your troubles. Not that it is any consolation, but Ruger makes decent firearms for the money. Are there better manufacturers? Of course, at twice the prices. Also, as I said before I believe some manufacturers are rushing some models out at breakneck speed due to the huge demand (thank you, Obama) and quality is suffering in the process.

In my opinion, Ruger's strengths lie in revolvers and rifles. I'm not totally sold on their semi-autos just yet from what I've been hearing. Not all manufacturers excel at everything.

I hope you get your LC9 back soon and in perfect working order.:)

·
Registered
114 Posts
I am still waiting to here if they are goign to do anything about the bluing on my slide. I finally got through to them the other day and sent off pictures of the slide. If they request that i send them the firearm then I am done with them. I will strip it and do my own thing with it. I figure that with next weeks pay check will give me enough to finally purchase the Sig P938 and not leave me strapped. Then my LC9 is going in the cabinet to stay.

It makes me sick looking at my LC9 because I have to have the rear sight hanging off the right edge of the slide just so it will hit center off a bench much less free hand.

·
Registered
22 Posts
have you tried taking the sight off, cleaning it down woth acetate/light sandpaper, then LOCTITE?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got the slide last night. Every time I load the mag and try to chamber a round it jams now. Very difficult and not smooth operating anymore. The old slide did not do this ever. I am not sending the old one back until I take the gun to the range and give it a try. I don't know what the hell is going on.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts