Ruger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a ruger Ec9s for a new edc gun. So far I’m loving it just wishing I could customize it a little more so I’m curious if a lc9/lc9s slide will fit on the Ec9s. Or if anyone knows of someone who can mill the Ec9s slide that would be great.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Never seen 1 hammer fired. LC9, LCP, LC380, eC9s are all striker fired when I shot them.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
the only "s"triker fired models are those with the "s" = LC9s, EC9s

The LCP, LCP II, LC9, LC380 all have a hammer. It's a flush profile internal hammer is only visible in the ready-to-fire, semi-cocked position so you don't see it unless you look, but it's still a hammer, not a striker.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
The EC9S and LC9S have the same parts for everything but the slide. That’s per the instruction manual. It’s amazing what you can read if you try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
The EC9S and LC9S have the same parts for everything but the slide. That’s per the instruction manual. It’s amazing what you can read if you try.

Yes the slide is different. That is the OP's point. He wants to know if they are interchangeable BECAUSE they are different. We will have to wait until someone with both is willing to try this. I have neither.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I was watching for an LC9S slide on ebay for a while, but honestly, I shoot my EC9S better than I did the LC9S that I had and sold several years ago. I think the lower profile sights are better for CC, and I painted the front ramp bright orange. Very easy to shoot, and when I bought my EC9S it was $100 cheaper than the LC9S. I still hate that you have to pull a pin for takedown, wish they made a captive rotating pin with a half flat like the Shield has... I have been debating selling my EC9S and buying the MAX 9, but the prices on the MAX9 are pretty high right now, and I would have to buy all the extra mags and everything for it that I already have for the EC9s... I'll pass for now. Wait for a used one I guess..

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have the Max 9, have carried in home only so far to find where it likes to ride. Taking it to the range next week to sight in the Holosun.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Yes the slide is different. That is the OP's point. He wants to know if they are interchangeable BECAUSE they are different. We will have to wait until someone with both is willing to try this. I have neither.
I guess you don’t understand.

If all parts but the slide are the same, it means the frame is the same so slides are interchangeable.
I only have LC9S’s in stock at this time. But I have swapped slides with frames. They work.
Note, you can put a SR9C slide on a SR40C frame and once you put the SR9 mag in it’s now a SR9C.

·
Registered
61 Posts
IIRC, the only differences between the slides of a LC9s and an EC9s are the racking grooves, markings, the finish, and the sights. No reason why they should not be interchangeable.

I own an EC9s and not a LC9s.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I guess you don’t understand.

In all parts but the slide are the same, it means the frame is the same so slides are interchangeable. I only LC9S’s in stock at this time. But I have swapped slides with frames. They work.
Note, you can put a SR9C slide on a SR40C frame and once you put the SR9 mag in it’s now a SR9C.

Gotcha! Yes I misunderstood your point. Thanks for clarifying. That does make sense.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts