Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow. at the range today and LC9 failed to fire, eject etc and then trigger was gone. on last active round a piece of metal flew out and hit me in the face. ouch. now it just sits there with a discerning rattle. gotta call customer service tomorrow. in defense of this...it has been my primary carry and has seen 4,000 or so rounds. love it but darn it anyway.:eek:

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Wow. Pictures please. Factory ammo or reloads?
Hope you are okay.....

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts

;)

·
Registered
458 Posts
I find this thread fishy... No pics, no ammo info nothing. No proof?! If it's true I'm sorry, but I'd like more info before blaming Ruger..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OP not back because working with Ruger to fix the issue. Actually no pics to post. My LC9 is back at Ruger where they will repair or replace. They were very good to work with. Local Ruger dealer looked at the LC9 before I sent it in and noted that the gun "has been shot a lot." No kidding.

Loads were factory...a mixed bag of brands with mostly 115gr. All were FMJ. Some (recently) were Winchester whitebox from Wally's. Ruger CS rep did say that they have encountered some issues with that...but again...

Ruger has been great to date. Anxious to get it back again. My favorite CCW.

Side note:

LOL. My Ruger SR22 is having trigger reset issues now and will be on the way back to Ruger also.

Will update the board when the LC9 returns etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ruger replaced a few parts, cleaned and oiled, and returned the LC9 to me within a week. Took to range today and put 50 rounds down range from it. No issues...actually works better than ever. Frustrating event but good outcome. CS at Ruger was outstanding.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts