Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got two "Made in Italy" mags and one "Made in USA" mag for the LC9. The Italy mags seem better built, slicker, and "more finished off". Could be my imagination, probably is - but it seems like perception goes a long ways when gun-guys sit down and talk. Just my thoughts ... but I think "Italy Mags" will increase in value (and price) as time goes on. What do ya think .... .... My bad. I just found other (and better) posts on this subject. Disregard.

·
Registered
356 Posts
They seem identical in function in my gun, but the Italian ones have a more polished finish on the outside so they are much better looking (that applies to women, too, I married one).

It appears to me that the gun comes from the factory with Italian ones in the box, and the USA ones are what you get when you order spares. I have dealt with several NIB types that all had Italian ones, but I've ordered two sets, and got USA ones each time.

In function I can tell no difference.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I always buy Mec-gar mags for my S&W and Ruger autos, way cheaper than "factory" mags and work flawless every time. No wonder Mec-gar makes the OEM mag for so many manufacturers.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
You can not go wrong with Mec-Gar mags. Many American firearm manufacturers, including Ruger, contract with Mec-Gar to produce their magazines for their firearms.

I just picked up six Mec-Gar 8 round 1911 magazines for a significant price difference than other major aftermarket 1991 magazine makers. A quick trip to the range resulted in no issues, and superb function....that was after 200 rounds. Time will tell, but I am now confident of the Mec-Gar magazines.

YMMV.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
It appears to me that the gun comes from the factory with Italian ones in the box, and the USA ones are what you get when you order spares. I have dealt with several NIB types that all had Italian ones, but I've ordered two sets, and got USA ones each time.

In function I can tell no difference.
The mag I got with my LCP was made in Italy. So was the extra mag I bought separately from GM. Both appear to look and function superbly.

Most guns, knives, tool and things of that nature that are still made in the USA, Europe & Japan are usually of the highest quality.

Buy while you still can, and if you can't buy new, buy used. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts