Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a little late but I thought I would share my experience with Ruger. The wife and I went to the range on Saturday to shoot the LC9 and the SR9c. Sunday morning I thought I would give the guns a good cleaning and started with the LC9, removed the slide cleaned it and the barrel. I picked up the lower half to give it a cleaning and noticed a 1 1/2" long crack on the right side of the frame insert where the slide rides. Needless to say I was shocked because the gun cycled just fine at the range through all 100 rounds. I had to remove the Galloway Precision trigger bar and hammer (thanks robkarrob for the video) and prep it for shipping. The wife called Ruger on Monday September 7th asking about shipping instructions. The next day we got an email reply from them giving us instructions and stated UPS would come to the house and pick it up on Wednesday the 9th for two day shipping. On the 14th Ruger sent another email stating “After a careful examination of the above referenced pistol, we find it necessary to replace it at no charge.” They also ask for a few other details like which FFL would we like it shipped to. On September 16th we received another email from Ruger stating “Your replacement firearm will be for model 03235 LC9s, due to your original model (03200) is no longer being produced. Would you like to proceed?” Needless to say I opted for the LC9s. The gun was shipped to my FFL on the 17th Picked it up on the 22nd cause my FFL is closed on Mondays. Went to the range that following Saturday ran a 100 rounds through it and love it so far. Talk about customer service, it doesn’t get any better than that.
THANKS RUGER!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Wow! Nasty crack in your old LC9; I'm glad (but not surprised) that Ruger made it good for you.

Jim

·
Registered
193 Posts
While I am sorry to hear what happened to your LC9, I am happy to hear that Ruger's Customer Service came through so well for you. I've heard many stories of Ruger's stellar customer service. Unfortunately, I had kind of lousy service from Ruger when my first SR9c's internals literally fell apart and would not stay together. It took them weeks to replace the faulty parts and when I got it back, there were scratches on the rear end of the slide. Those were from whoever was handling it there, not from me. While it functioned perfectly after that, I did sell it and later got a new one which had zero issues right out of the box.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts