Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my LC9 for a month now and have had it apart enough times to know that I am eventually going to misplace the takedown pin. Since I am going to order one or 2 extras from Ruger I thought I would go ahead and get an extra guide rod and the two recoil springs at the same time. Any other parts anyone can recommend that I keep on had for easy replacement?

Getting better with my LC9 but still not getting the groupings I would like. Don't want to start another thread about the long pull but it does take some getting used to. Still hitting low or around 7:00 so I think my grip needs some fine tuning. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Get extra firing pin blocker button springs as well as the spring for the loaded chamber indicator since you have to remove these items when doing a good cleaning of the fireing pin and firing pin chamber. They are tiny as hell and can be lost in a heart beat. I have heard of some firing pin failures also so a spare firing pin would also be wise.

But next time you have it apart, pull the rear sight off and carefully pull out the blocker button and spring etc. Slightly sand down the front side of the blocker button and polish it up. Then clip 2 winds off the spring. This will help clean up the gritty feel of the trigger.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response. I read in a different thread your detail of some of the fine tuning you did and I will go ahead and smooth off that blocker and trim the spring. The DA doesn't bother me but that long pull is a bear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts