Ruger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A recap;

My pre-owned LC9 had problems extracting 115 grain ball target ammo. Sent it to Ruger for a fix.

Received it and FINALLY had a chance to restest it yesterday. According the packing slip they replaced the barrel, extractor, inner and outer recoil springs.

Went throught my remaining winchester 115 grain stuff, no problems. Getting excited. Switched to Federall 115 grain, got to about my 3rd or 4th magazine with no problem and then another extraction failure. Did this 1 or 2 more times. But then it seemed to clear up and I went through seveal magazines worth with no problem. Might have been a grip or limp wristing problem since I paid a little more attention to those things after the extraction failures. Or maybe it just wants a good cleaning. Thoughts on that, anyone?

It did NOT like the Cor Bon 115 grain jhp +p stuff. Had 2-3 light strikes and failures to fire. Not a biggie since I don't care for that stuff anyway, only shot it because I had some and wanted to test the gun thoroughly. I know autos just sometimes don't like certain types of ammo.

Good news: as before I sent it back, it had no problem with the Hornady 135 grain critical duty stuff. Shot two boxes with no problems. That makes 150 rounds of critical duty without a hitch. And since I have decided on that particular round as a serious business carry ammo I am pretty satisfied with the gun's performance in that respect.

I think I will make this my primary carry piece now. I am happy. :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
lc9

My LC9 does not like Corbon DPX. 2 rounds out of 20 FT fire.
They must be hard primers as they were hardly dented.
No problem with Federal and Winchester. Going to switch to something else for SD.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
It's a good little gun !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts