Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just purchased new lc9. Ammo jammed first 2 clips so I quit. Using 9mm Luger 115 grain fmj. It would fire 2 or 3 rounds just fine and then jam. Same way on 2nd clip. I have not been shooting long so any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have feed every ammo and any ammo through my lc9 without any problem. I have over 1500 rds through the lc9 and not one jam, fail to feed or fail to fire, fail to eject. I love my lc9.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Is it possible you're limp-wristing? If you don't have a good solid grip on the gun when it recoils the slide might not return to battery properly. It could be ammo related too, you should try something else to be sure. Winchester white box is usually reliable. Also, not to be a PIA, its a magazine, not a clip.

·
Registered
69 Posts
did u degreese it b4 use?? try birchwoodcaseys gun scrubber than light oil on slide rails. if its cold out factory greese gets thick.

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
Welcome from Northern California. LC9 is a great little pistol. Once you get it figured out you're going to love it. Limp wristing, as mentioned may be your problem. Work on your grip. Can you have someone else you shoot with give it a try? If they can shoot it, so can you. Ours shoots anything we feed it, but maybe give some other ammo a try. Good luck to you.:)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Don't give up on the LC9, because it really is a very nice little pistol. Mine was quite gummed up with grease inside when it came home from the store. Give it a good cleaning and explore that limp wristing possibility. Once you get it running the way it should, you will love it.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I have had zero problems with my lc9 but I also have a MkIII that came with 2 magazines. It one that was in the gun worked perfectly while the other one seemed to cause jams so I had to straighten it at the end. Try getting another magazine or take a good look at the one you have for any bends at the end that feeds bullets.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Being new, I wouldn't think that it would have weak springs any where but a possibility. Limp wristing sounds like a good possibility. I shot a friends lc9 today, with such a small grip, I could see where it may be a problem maintaining a firm grip on the firearm. Also, check the feed ramp, and entrance to the chamber for burrs. The lip on the shell may be catching as it gets jacked in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still having same problem. Usually the second or third round fired is when the empty shell doesn't fully eject and catches on the next round in the magazine. Limp wrist not the problem. Let two other guys shoot and same results. Only once have I been able to shoot the entire magazine without a problem. I have a picture on my cell phone. Should I contact Ruger?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Try a different brand of ammo...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Blasted SR40 with gun scrubber and then with the air compressor, then oiled the slides when I took it out of the box, no problems with any ammo.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Try leaving your mags loaded out of the gun for a while to break in the springs. If that don't work contact Ruger, this gun shouldn't have this problem.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Still having same problem. Usually the second or third round fired is when the empty shell doesn't fully eject and catches on the next round in the magazine. Limp wrist not the problem. Let two other guys shoot and same results. Only once have I been able to shoot the entire magazine without a problem. I have a picture on my cell phone. Should I contact Ruger?
Sorry for all the questions, but did you:

1. Clean/ de-grease it prior to use?
2. Have a highly qualified person try shooting the firearm?
3. Try a different ammo?

Good luck!, Don't get discouraged.

·
Registered
596 Posts
welcome from NW Indiana.
When I originally purchased my LC9 it was in with the intent of it being my wife's EDC. She chose it, well after several trips to the range she could not shoot it it was always jamming and locking up after 2 or 3 rounds. Well we went to get her something else rather then trading the LC9 off I decided to work with it.

Now I have about 1500 rounds through it and it runs flawless no matter what Ammo I run in it . On a side note now that my wife has about 6 months more Handgun shooting experience the LC( works flawless in her hands as well.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I was in a hurry to shoot mine when it was new. I got it home field striped it and sprayed it with starting fluid the grease just ran out of it. Stuck the straw in the firing pin channel and gave her a squirt. More junk ran out.Blew it with air compressor. Then I lubed it sparingly and shot it never had a problem since.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts