Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has owned a PF9 for some time now and its function has been problematic at best. The last time I was with him it would jam every second or third round. Since this outing he thoroughly cleaned the gun and the problem with jamming was gone. He then bought a laser for it and the problem was back, every shot was a jam. Out of frustration he took the gun to his local gun shop to try and find the problem. He was told that the PF9 is too susceptible to limp wristing and that was his problem. When he uses the laser to point instead of using a firm grip to aim he was holding the gun too loose. When he asked what to do the dealer told him to get an LC9 and he wouldn’t have that problem. We took his new LC9 to the range the other day and put over 300 rounds through without a single problem. We both attempted to limp wrist it and still couldn’t get it to jam. I really liked the look and feel of this gun but it's just is too close to the size of my SR9c to justify my getting one anytime soon but I know I will eventually. :D

·
Registered
250 Posts
I had a PF9 and replaced it with an LC9 because the smaller trigger guard of the PF9 was wacking my trigger finger every time I shot it. The grip frame of the LC9 was also more user friendly. Overall I prefer the LC9.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I chose the PF9 over the LC9 when I bought mine. The main reason is the trigger on the LC9 broke a lot farther back than the PF9. It was hard for me to even get the trigger to break because of the size of my hands. My PF9 has been flawless after a rough start and a new extractor, no problems in what has probably been almost 1000 rounds, I don't keep very good track.

·
Registered
17,159 Posts
I know this is a Ruger site, and I have a lot of them, but I prefer the PF-9 over the LC9. On the other hand I like the LCP more than the P3AT. I wish they would have kept the LC9 simple like the LCP. My PF-9 has never had a hiccup.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wish I had a better experience with Kel Tech. They are a good looking gun and certainly priced right, built and based in the US, but if they're that susceptible to a loose grip they aren't a defensive gun I would trust. The spur of the moment isn't the time to brace your grip to prevent a jam. I would want more than a one shot derringer that turns into a 17 oz club.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I too have had PF9's they are nice looking but always have issues. The P11 is a different story never have had an issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts