Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Viceroy 🟩🟩🟩
3,256 Posts
This is a very interesting marketing tactic. Ruger is aware that there was general discontent with the LC9 trigger but what does it get them to offer a trade-in rebate? More loyal customers? Plus whatever profit they're still making off the new 9s they're selling you even after the rebate I guess.

Will there be a market glut of used hammer-fired LC9 pistols now I wonder? Even with the trigger pull, still not a bad backup gun if the price is good and low on a used one.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Maybe they are using them to make more LC380's.

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
Maybe they are using them to make more LC380's.
They're trying to flood the California market with LC380ca semi-autos. .... :p

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
They're trying to flood the California market with LC380ca semi-autos. .... :p
Yeah, and this is where they are going to get the parts for the LC9 conversion kits! :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
I traded + $145. I kept the extra LC9 mag, and picked up a 9rd mag as well. Shot the LC9s for the first time tonight, love it! Smooth and much more accurate.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hmm, I wonder what the dealers are valuing the hammered LC9's at?
Two to two and a half I'm betting. Also, as I understand it, Ruger will discontinue the LC9. That makes me wonder about the LC380, discontinue it also and come out with an LC380s. Yeah baby!

·
Registered
46 Posts
For those of you wishing you had waited for this promotion, do not fret.

In my eyes, it is a rip-off.

You do not get a discount when you buy a new LC9S. You get a $100 gift certificate to be used on the Ruger website to buy accessories (on their high-priced accessories, mind you.)

Your old LC9 is worth far more that $100. Most gun stores would give you more than that as a trade-in value. But selling it outright should glean you at least $150, but typically closer to $200.

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
For those of you wishing you had waited for this promotion, do not fret.

In my eyes, it is a rip-off.

You do not get a discount when you buy a new LC9S. You get a $100 gift certificate to be used on the Ruger website to buy accessories (on their high-priced accessories, mind you.)

Your old LC9 is worth far more that $100. Most gun stores would give you more than that as a trade-in value. But selling it outright should glean you at least $150, but typically closer to $200.
I think you are missing the concept. You trade in your old LC9; you get your best deal and apply that to a new LC9s. THEN Ruger sends you a $100 certificate.

It's still a better deal than the people who traded in and LC9 for a LC9s in the past year and got only the trade in value.

For all those people who liked the original long trigger, now is your chance to get another LC9 for cheap.

·
Registered
160 Posts
The LC9s is a very sweet gun and easy carry too . I can't trade in cause that's what I bought first off back in April this year . Love it !

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I think you are missing the concept. You trade in your old LC9; you get your best deal and apply that to a new LC9s. THEN Ruger sends you a $100 certificate.

It's still a better deal than the people who traded in and LC9 for a LC9s in the past year and got only the trade in value.

For all those people who liked the original long trigger, now is your chance to get another LC9 for cheap.
Correct, except it's not a certificate for $100 cash. It's a $100 gift certificate @ ShopRuger.com.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I am willing to bet that the dealers are going to low ball these guns when you go in to trade, knowing that Ruger is giving you $100.00 dollars back. They know there will be a flooded market on the LC9 and they might be stuck with them unless they sell them cheap. I am keeping my gun, I like it!

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
Correct, except it's not a certificate for $100 cash. It's a $100 gift certificate @ ShopRuger.com.
Yup, I was aware of that. I have enough Rugers that need accessories (or spare parts) that $100 that can only be used at ShopRuger wouldn't be a problem for me.

I still think it is a good deal. How many other firearm companies have offered extra rebates when a person trades in an old model?

(And in my case it isn't an issue anyway, I disliked the original trigger so much that I didn't buy an LC9. When the striker version became available, I waited a whille for things to get worked out and bought one in Feb. of this year. I've fired more than 1500 rounds thru mine.)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts