·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I have one I bought a yr. or 2 ago for my LC9 & now for my LC9s
Don't use it much. Makes the grip easier to fire though.
Design lacks a "good looking fit."
I want to keep the size consistent on my carry gun, that way it'll feel the same all the time

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'm not familiar with that mag. I just bought two of the Ruger 9 round mags. They work very well .

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I e-mailed Pearce about a +1 extension, and they responded with:
"There are no plans to produce a plus 1 extension for the Ruger LC9. Thank you for your interest in our products."
Bummer, but their response time was fast (overnight). Good customer service, even though they didn't have to respond about a product they don't plan on making. Really too bad for those of us with LC9/LC9s', as the G43 +1 is a really nice design.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I use the Impact Guns +1 extensions on all of my LC9S magazines (I have 8 right now.)

With the exception of my US made mags. The extensions will sometimes slip a 1/4" or so off of the US made mags with rough handling. I daily carry and frequently shoot my LC9S, and have never had any problems with them on my Italian magazines.

I like having an additional round in the magazine, and the extension gives me a much better grip with my big hands.

I added a small strip of skateboard grip tape to the bottom and front of each mag. Had to rough them up a bit with fine sandpaper to get good adhesion with the tape.
Just curious about reliability and whether it pinches when cycling?
Very reliable (otherwise I wouldn't use them for daily carry), and not sure what you mean by "pinches when cycling".

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very reliable (otherwise I wouldn't use them for daily carry), and not sure what you mean by "pinches when cycling".

Some magazine extensions pinch the ring finger between the extension and bottom grip of the pistol when the slide cycles while firing. In particular, a lot of people have that problem when using factory Glock + magazines for the G26/G27.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Glock extension looks great. Too bad they have no plans to make them for the Ruger who knows, maybe enough request and it could happen.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glock extension looks great. Too bad they have no plans to make them for the Ruger who knows, maybe enough request and it could happen.
That would be really nice. The Pearce extension for the G43 costs the same as the LC9s design (in my original link). However, the Pearce design is much more refined.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts