Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife's LC9S has had this type of jam twice:

This is her carry gun, so I is a bit worrysome that it is having this kind of jam. Anyone else seen this? She's only run about 200 rnds through it so far, and she really likes it (actually, I do too even though it's not a sr1911, but she's not sure if she should trust it

I think this has happened both time while using UMC bulk 115 gn FMJ. Not 100% sure about the first time this happened. Thought had to be a 1 in a million fluke to jam like this.

Thanks.

Chuck

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Welcome from Missouri.

I have had weak rounds with UMC, I now use Winchester White Box to get brass for reloading, I have had better luck with it of good old Federal from Walmart.

Are you sure that's not a reload in the pic, that case doesn't look shiny/new?

Just make sure her carry ammo functions well in her pistol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys. Probably a combination of the ammo and limpwristing. The Sig hollow points she uses when carrying function fine when we tested them on the range.

It's all new ammo. Haven'tyet gotten into reloading 9mm or 45 acp. We'll burn through the umc stuff we have and find something else for the range.

Chuck

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Thanks for the replys. Probably a combination of the ammo and limpwristing. The Sig hollow points she uses when carrying function fine when we tested them on the range.

It's all new ammo. Haven'tyet gotten into reloading 9mm or 45 acp. We'll burn through the umc stuff we have and find something else for the range.

Chuck
I just switched to the Sig V-Crown for our carry pistols & it tested very well for me.
I reload, but a couple brands of range ammo that has worked well for me, besides WWB & Federal are Blazer Brass, S&B, Speer & Magtech, all 9mm FMJ ammo you can get for $10 to $12 dollars a box & I have also had success with Freedom Munitions new & remanufactured ammo.
I have fired it all in an original LC9 & it functions great.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I had a couple stove pipes in the first 100 rounds with my lc9s. I've now got around 2000 rounds through it with no issue. I usually shoot, Blazer and Wincherster. Sometimes I use Independence? aluminum case. The lc9s is also my carry gun. Great gun, I love it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts