Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. New member and new Lc9s owner. I'm looking to get spare mags. Wondering where you all get yours. I'm really not big on extended mags. I think I'll stick with 7 round. Ruger website has them for about $40. Found some Pro Mag 7 round on Ebay but have heard of people having problems with them in other pistols. Any info. greatly appreciated.:)

·
Registered
637 Posts
I payed $ 35 for mine at Cabelas(used my points), and the Italian made one seem better made than the one that came with the gun. Just my .02 cents worth!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Take a look at Midwayusa. Much better price on genuine Ruger mags than shopruger.com. I just picked up a new LC9s Pro and ordered an additional 7rd mag plus 2 of the extended 9 rounders. Still expensive as after shipping it came to about $97. Whew! Should last my lifetime though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I don't get on here much lol. Does anyone know about the Pro Mag's. I found some on Ebay for like $17 or something like that. That's quite a price difference! I've seen on other forums, for other pistols, that people have had problems with the Pro Mags. Probably better off paying more and getting something reliable I guess.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
There have been many threads here about Promag magazines NOT working with LC9 and especially with the LC9s. Promag even has a warning about use with the LC9s.

Buy them if you want. You've been warned. :)

·
Registered
765 Posts
I've got two 9 round Ruger mags that have worked fine the whole time that I have had them.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
I bought two 7-round and two 9-round magazines, all Ruger, and they have worked flawlessly.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I just picked up 2 on EBay last week. Have 2 of the originals w/ my old LC9 & one of the 9 rnd. extended magazines, I don't use 9 rounder much. I like to have extras because my range bag has so many pockets I need to fill them all. lol
I've had no problems with the Made in USA or the Made in Italy magazines.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I went the ProMag route. So far so good. No issues to report in the range trip so far. Heading back tomorrow and will keep an eye on things.
Got mine from Cheaper Than Dirt.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I don't get on here much lol. Does anyone know about the Pro Mag's. I found some on Ebay for like $17 or something like that. That's quite a price difference! I've seen on other forums, for other pistols, that people have had problems with the Pro Mags. Probably better off paying more and getting something reliable I guess.
The only magazines I have always had problems with are ProMags. I don't buy them.

Jeff

1 - 14 of 14 Posts