Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Did I read this right, the new striker fired LC9s does not come with the manual thumb safety?
http://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2015/10/19/ruger-lc9s-pro/

The original LC9 had a loaded-chamber indicator on top of the slide, which provided a tactile confirmation that the gun was loaded, whereas the LC9s has a view port that allows a glimpse of the cartridge. The LC9s Pro goes a step further and eliminated the external thumb safety along with the internal magazine disconnect. Other than that, both of the guns look identical. Furthermore, all accessories (magazines, holsters and lasers) are totally interchangeable.
That's a feature I really liked, does anyone know if that can be modified back into a LC9s without a lot of machinework and drilling? (ie, the frame has the places for the parts to go, they are simply removed....)

Edit: Is this article simply in error? I see pictures of the LC9s with the thumb safety...?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I still think Ruger sells the original version of the LC9s that has the thumb safety and the mag disconnect. The later variant is the LC9s "Pro" model that does away with both. Personally, I wish Ruger would delete the ridiculous mag disconnect from everything. I have no problem with the thumb safety, so long as you consistently train with it.

PS: I'm thinking about selling my original LC9s model. PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
160 Posts
They have not stop making the LC9s with the Thumb Safety , it's still available but as mentioned the the "PRO" version has neither Thumb Safety or Mag Release . Me personally I like the Thumb Safety and therefore is what I purchased earlier this year . I like the extra safety . Now if it had the same type safety as my XDs-.45ACP then that would be fine also . The XDs has the Grip Safety and the Trigger Safety . Both must be depressed to fire .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts