Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been carrying sr9c for CCW, no problems at all. It feels great iwb driving/sitting down but I kinda want a pocket carry 9mm for those times I cant carry iwb- ex summer, jogging, formal attire/tucked in shirt...

I am 5 11, 170lb and will most likely pocket carry in khaki shorts/pants. while I prefer staying with 9mm, if 9mm are too big for pocket I can deal with a 380 since sr9c will remain my main ccw.

I am looking at G43/lc9s/shield, may be sig 938 but dont like the price

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I never liked pocketing the LC9. Its just too heavy for my comfort level. Some people dont mind the weight in their pocket, but I did.

My LC9 that I tried to pocket carry was the older hammer fired LC9. I DO have an LC9s Pro, and I absolutely and strongly encourage you to use a pocket holster, or Kydex trigger cover. The LC9s Pro has a trigger that deserves respect. Dont just throw it in your pocket and call it good.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Good advice weblance!
The Lc9s pro is my carry weapon of choice but is to heavy for pocket carry. When I must, the LCP with a sticky holster & Hornady custom xtp is my choice and am confident with that.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I have mine on my pocket as I type this, absolutely need a pocket holster of course I really wouldn't recommend carrying any gun in a pocket without one.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I pocket carry a SIG P-238 in a Red Dog Leatherworks holster. Makes a nice combination.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I own both, SR9c and LC9s (not pro). I carry my SR9c in a N82 pro and it is pretty comfortable. I carry my LC9s in a custom John Jackson leather works IWB holster with a spare mag carrier. It just disappears. I did think I was going to be pocket carrying the LC9s but it is too big with jeans - very awkward to draw. I'm 5'11", 190 lbs. I have carried in pocket with cargo pants with a remora. Considering how hard I consider drawing from pocket, I'd +100 the comment about a very good in pocket holster.

·
Banned
29,619 Posts
I have pocket carried an sp101 in 357 with no problem and I owned an amt backup in 45 that I carried in a Kraemer pocket holster the gun weighed 30 ounces loaded. I used good solid pants Docker type and had a sturdy belt no problem.

·
Registered
392 Posts
pocket carry depends on 3 things- gun, holster and pocket.
I have a pair of cargo pants my wife reworked the pockets on, with a thick gun belt and suspenders I can pocket carry a P-series Ruger in a Remora holster. can also slide the gun and holster into the waistband.
everything else I might carry is smaller and lighter.
on striker fired pistols I will take the holster out of the pocket or waistband for re-holstering.
(draw and dry fire practice several times a week, get to the range when you have a chance. have fun.)

·
Registered
129 Posts
I EDC my lc9s and love it. Not pocket carry though. Just to big and gets to hot for me. If the pocket isn't deep enough, the grip of the gun ends up sticking out a little. That just doesn't work for me. I either carry it OWB or IWB.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I have been carrying sr9c for CCW, no problems at all. It feels great iwb driving/sitting down but I kinda want a pocket carry 9mm for those times I cant carry iwb- ex summer, jogging, formal attire/tucked in shirt...

I am 5 11, 170lb and will most likely pocket carry in khaki shorts/pants. while I prefer staying with 9mm, if 9mm are too big for pocket I can deal with a 380 since sr9c will remain my main ccw.

I am looking at G43/lc9s/shield, may be sig 938 but dont like the price
Well, I have the M&P Shield in 9mm, but I carry it OWB in a Kydex BLACKHAWK! paddle holster. It would be too big for any pants pockets of mine.

·
Registered
102 Posts
My pockets aren't large enough for my LC9s. My LCP fits just fine. I carry my Lc9s in a Desantis mini on my belt.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have carried my LC9S Pro in my pocket of my cargo pants using the large pocket that is further down the leg and it feels comfy there.

Normally I will carry it in a OWB holster by De Santis and it flat out disappears in that rig.

·
Registered
765 Posts
My LC9 works well for Pocket carry. The size of your pants is always a factor .

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
34 waist. 29 inseam. Wrangler, Lee, Levi, Wal-Mart cheapo's jeans. Both my SP and my LC9sPro fit (in a DeSantis Nemesis) in the pocket with no problem. I'm beginning to acquire the suspicion that most who cannot pocket carry may have dunlop disease.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I'm beginning to acquire the suspicion that most who cannot pocket carry may have dunlop disease.
I'm 5'8" and 270# and not only pocket carry my LC9s but often carry a Walther PPS and/or a Kahr CW45 have even carried a Smith 6926, I'm starting to suspect guy's are too busy wearing their girlfriends skinny jeans.

·
Registered
629 Posts
5'11" 190#s 34 x 32 Levi's relaxed fit jeans. If I needed to safely draw from those pockets, my draw time would be measured north of 5 seconds. Maybe it's just me. IWB works fine and much faster if needed -- at least for me. I tried it and it really didn't feel comfortable as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I pocket carry my LC9, but it took a while to get used to it.
Now I don't even notice it there unless I feel for it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I pocket carry my lc9 sometimes. It's fine. Blackhawk! #4 holster. I usually OWB in a safari land paddle. Need a good appendix holster. Gonna break down and do a crossbreed one of these days. 6'3", 209

1 - 20 of 24 Posts