Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new user here. I know that they say the LC9/S/PRO are all pretty much the same when it comes to parts, but I just wanted to see if anyone with a LC9S Pro has purchased the Galloway guide rod. I just wanted to make sure it would fit before I pulled the trigger on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
385 Posts
The LC9s and LC9s Pro are identical guns..........except for the Pro doesn't have the manual safety or the magazine safety.

Yes............the guide rod will fit fine in either of them.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Hello all, new user here. I know that they say the LC9/S/PRO are all pretty much the same when it comes to parts, but I just wanted to see if anyone with a LC9S Pro has purchased the Galloway guide rod. I just wanted to make sure it would fit before I pulled the trigger on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated
I don't have the Galloway in my LC9s so I don't have first hand knowledge.

I've read posts here where the striker spring has to be changed at the same time, they come as a pair.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Galloway Gen 2 guide rod

Newly purchased as of 12/18/15 LC9S. Got the Galloway Gen 2 Guide rod assembly and striker spring. Thought to shoot the pistol OEM stock first, no modifications, so off to the range I go. 21 rounds, one FTF, one misfire, and 4 mag drops. Really! Very sad. The guide rod goes back to Galloway and the pistol back to LGS.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got mine, 01/16/16 and it shot perfect right out of the box. 100+ rounds, mixed ammo, not a single issue. I'd send it back to Ruger for fix or replacement.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Update for my last post: Ruger sent me a new mag, mag release, and mag release spring. While waiting for that I installed the Galloway Guide Rod and Striker Spring package. The rain finally lifted today so I went out for a range session. Couldn't pop a cap! Checked out the primers and all just barely had a dent from the firing pin. Back to the shop we went. After disassembly I found the Galloway striker spring to be shorter and of less tension. Reinstalled the OEM guide rod assembly and striker spring. Dry fires with much more authority, but a bit harder to rack the slide. Will shoot again tomorrow.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Anyone know, will Ruger sell us extra guide rod assemblies for back ups? Mine has been great so far with no issues for the first 100, except for the maching work in the barrel. I want to get another LC9s for the wife to carry.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Anyone know, will Ruger sell us extra guide rod assemblies for back ups? Mine has been great so far with no issues for the first 100, except for the maching work in the barrel. I want to get another LC9s for the wife to carry.
Yes, they will. Call customer service. I replaced mine around 1800 rounds fired. Kept the old unit as a backup.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Thanks, good to know. I love this little gun!
Me too.

I was at the range a couple days ago with my neighbors. We were all shooting at the same distance.

One was getting groups of about 6 inches. I heard him tell another that the recoil on his little 9mm Sig 938 made it hard to get good shots. He looked at my target with all shots in a 2" circle. He saw that I was shooting my LC9s and said the Ruger has a better trigger...

·
Registered
129 Posts
The LC9S is my EDC, I love it. I got my LTC last april and this was the first gun I bought, with the intention of EDCing it. I've got 1000+ rounds through it. The only issue I had was within the first 100 rounds. I was shooting Blazer aluminum case rounds. I had a few FTF, and had a bunch of stove pipes. Even cleaning the gun at the range didn't help. I switched to Blazer brass, Wincherster, Independence, and haven't had a problem. I found it just doesn't like the alum. case stuff. I've had a couple LEOs at my local range try it and loved it. My boss is good friends with a Sergent of the local PD that stops into my work all the time who carries an LC9S as his back up pistol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Updating the update: Keep it stock! Finally a flawless performance at the shootin' range. With original OEM guide rod assembly and striker spring and new OEM Ruger mag, mag release, and mag release spring, this LC9s runs like it should; no FTFs, no stove pipes, no misfires, no dropped mags.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts