Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've put about 250 rounds of various types thru a new LC9s pro. I've had a jacketed hollow point jam at the feed ramp 3 or 4 times. I've also had a FMJ round jam in the same way.

I clean my Ruger frequently. Should I look to have someone polish the feed ramp or take similar steps to fix? Or should I not worry about it

·
Registered
160 Posts
Try recleaning with Hoppes #9 then take a cleaning patch and put a drop of oil on it and swab it just to leave a film . Also check make sure the magazine is fully locked into place . Make sure the slide rails have no grit or oil buildup to keep it from working properly .

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
I was having the same issues with mine and Ruger did it for free and paid the shipping both ways. I continued to have the feed issues with both the USA mags and the Mags made in Itally. I send the gun back to Ruger and they put almost 200 rounds of various brands through the gun without fail. I had been using a Hogue slip grip but sent them the gun without it, I haven't been to the range to test it but I have a feeling it might be the combination of my grip placement and the rubber sleeve so we'll see...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey, WWG

Is this happening with one magazine or all of them?

When this happens, it is almost always a problem in the magazine.

Disassemble, clean, reassemble see if that help.

Try loading only 3 or 4 rounds in and see if it happens.

Then, If it is only happening with the first and second rounds of a full magazine, you should be noticing that those last rounds are not "sticking up" at the same angle as the ones before. If so, it is a spring problem and give Ruger a call and they will send you another one, or the top of the magazine may have bent slightly and it is holding the nose of the round at a lower angle than it should be for proper feeding. You could try taking needle nose pliers and bending the retaining lips out slightly to see if that cures it. But, I would let them send a spring first before doing that. They will get it out to you in just a few days.

These should be tried before messing with feed ramp and such.

Doc

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for all the replies

I'm not sure if it is one or more mags. I have two Italy and one US and it seems to happen randomly. I used 9BP and thought maybe that JHP was the problem until my Blazer Brass FMJ hung.

I will try the magazines first before doing anything to the feed ramp.

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts