Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm buying an LC9s Pro at the end of the week. I rented and shot one at my range. It had been back to Ruger for something (Like a dummy, I didn't ask). I had at least two light strikes in the box of fifty I shot.

My question is: Is this a common issue, or just random circumstance at that time?

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
I'm buying an LC9s Pro at the end of the week. I rented and shot one at my range. It had been back to Ruger for something (Like a dummy, I didn't ask). I had at least two light strikes in the box of fifty I shot.

My question is: Is this a common issue, or just random circumstance at that time?
Light strikes can be caused by a dirty striker channel, hard or improperly installed primers among other things.

Sounds like it was a rental gun. I would suspect dirt as the cause.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Probably random, I bought a bulk box of Remington UMC that my Pro wouldn't feed, got home and put the calipers on some and found that most were several millimeters short so I would think it just the ammo...

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
I also agree with MNdoggie that the Striker Channel might need to be cleaned, not sure if the range took the pistol apart to clean the factory oil off before firing, that stuff will gum up the works in pretty short order so it's probably a combination of things unrelated to the firearm itself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts