Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all and thanks in advance for reading.

I was very amped to take my new LC9S Pro to the range today. That excitement quickly faded when after only running 10 rounds of Winchester FMJ 115 grain through it, the gun wouldn't fire anymore. I ejected the magazine, racked the slide a few times then tried again. Still no fire. The trigger travels the full distance, but feels as if it never resets. Again, I ejected the magazine, racked the slide a few times and tried a different magazine. Same results. Thankfully, I brought my M&P 9 with me also so the range time wasn't completely lost; however, I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue and can shed some light on it. I called Ruger and they sent me a shipping label to send them the pistol and magazines so I'm hopeful they will resolve the issue. I really like this gun and I chose it for my main carry gun after test firing and tons of research. I must admit that this situation makes me more than a little nervous for obvious reasons...would hate to have this happen if, God forbid, I actually had to use it in a life or death situation.

Many thanks!

Kevin

·
Registered
106 Posts
Kevin, I had a bad striker assembly on my LC9s that needed to be replaced in the first couple of weeks of use. The new parts have been working great ever since and it has been over a year now.

·
Registered
392 Posts
my new LC9s broke before I even got it to the range. the goofy little window thingy that covers the takedown pin jammed.
here's the good news-- I called Ruger and talked to a very pleasant lady who told me to return the gun to the gun store, who would ship it to Ruger Service. in a week the gun was back and perfect, no charge, just great service.
(no, my gun store wouldn't give me a Wilson Combat for a loaner gun, I did get some laughs from the try).

·
Registered
70 Posts
The firing pin broke on my LC9s within the first 500 rounds. Sent it back to Ruger and they repaired and returned it in 1 week (great customer service). While it functioned perfectly after that, I ended up selling it because I felt I couldn't trust it as a CCW pistol after that issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks a lot for the replies everyone. I'm just glad I'm not the only one to have experienced this issue. I'm also glad that from your responses it appears as though Ruger's customer service is top notch. Love the feel and size of this gun and enjoyed the 10 rounds I did get to fire through it. Looking forward to getting it back and getting some good range time with it.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I purchased two LC9S (not the pro, just the regular...). One of them has performed flawlessly, however the other was having failure to cycle 10%-20% of time. Ruger did fix it under warrantee but I think Ruger needs to improve their manufacturing process.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry to hear all these issues on that gun. I was thinking of picking up a pro model myself. First I heard of any issues on this model?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Remember; you are on an internet forum where people with problems come to find information and complain. Of many thousands of guns produced, each assembled with hundreds of individual mechanical components, each of which varies slightly in dimensions and specifications, a small percentage will ALWAYS wind up with a combination of components where the tolerances line up badly to cause some affect on function.

Also remember that Ruger is exemplary in their willingness and quickness to correct any issues that do occur to the complete satisfaction of their customers. Something which is repeatedly demonstrated on this forum.

No, I do not work for nor own any stock in Ruger.

- Jay

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just for the record, the originator of this post did NOT come here to complain. He simply came here to see if anyone else had experienced something similar and to get further detail as to how it was resolved. I love this little gun and look forward to getting it back tomorrow from Ruger and heading to the range with it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the clarification, Jay ;)

Unfortunately some ppl just want to complain and that's in their nature. Ruger makes fine firearms and I guess you can't please everybody. On that note, Just got my LC9S Pro from FedEx! They replaced the sear spring and fired 45 rounds of FMJs through it without issue. So stoked to get this little monster to the range, but probably won't be able to until tomorrow. I'll report back afterward for sure, though. Can't say enough about R's customer service so far. Great communication, fast and they threw in a free branded cleaning rag for the inconvenience.

·
Registered
298 Posts
If you have a problem with a Ruger firearm, it will be resolved quicker going directly to them.

I did have, brand new gun with 14 shots downrange then a cleaning where I discovered that the barrel had rough machining marks in the lands. It was taken care of in 1 week. It was shipped back to Ruger from Cabelas and that's where I picked it up. If there was anything "extra" from Ruger in the box like I've read others have experienced, it wasn't in the box or I didn't rate getting anything "extra". Great service is all I would expect from this company anyway, no need for me to get anything else. The gun shoots great and is way more accurate than I expected from a 6 inch overall pistol.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
I did have, brand new gun with 14 shots downrange then a cleaning where I discovered that the barrel had rough machining marks in the lands. It was taken care of in 1 week. It was shipped back to Ruger from Cabelas and that's where I picked it up. If there was anything "extra" from Ruger in the box like I've read others have experienced, it wasn't in the box or I didn't rate getting anything "extra". Great service is all I would expect from this company anyway, no need for me to get anything else. The gun shoots great and is way more accurate than I expected from a 6 inch overall pistol.

You were taken care of very well.

Many report that when they go thru their local gun shop, there are often delays in getting the firearm shipped back to Ruger because of a variety of reasons (like the person who does that isn't here this week, etc.)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just got back from the range and the new sear spring is working out nicely. I ran 100 rounds of Federal American Eagle 115 FMJs through it without issue. Love this little shooter and I think after a couple of more trips to the range I will be ready to start carrying it. Takes a little getting used to after shooting a full size 9mm, but after about 20-30 rounds my groupings were decent.

Thanks all who commented with useful info!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts