Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to the range yesterday and shot another box of ammo thru my new LC9s. wow, what a trigger, almost feels a little dangerous in my hands. I've been shooting revolvers and da/sa pistols(Ruger p-series) for some time. also shoot a Kel-Tec P-32 with the famous KT trigger.
when you pull a da revolver out of the holster and get the gun safely in front of you, you can start "staging" the trigger as you bring it up into the line of sight, long trigger pull. by the time your on target a little extra pull is all that's needed for the bang. I practice that, I'm used to that.
the LC9s is not a da pistol, if I had to call it something, it would be, "striker fired single action" . that works just fine, shoots nice groups. the way I'm practicing with the LC9s is no staging, trigger finger on the frame as the gun comes up, then get on the trigger as the target is lined up. if I get the finger on the trigger to soon, good chance the shot will be to soon.
old dog, new tricks..........

·
Registered
324 Posts
I am a proponent of keeping your finger off the trigger until you are on target and ready to shoot. I do this regardless of what firearm I am using at the time.

Congrats on your LC9S and stay safe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts