Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an LC9S Pro on layway, but before I take it home I have a few questions regarding internal safeties. Does the LC9S Pro have a drop and firing pin safety or does it only have the integrated trigger safety?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have an LC9S Pro on layway, but before I take it home I have a few questions regarding internal safeties. Does the LC9S Pro have a drop and firing pin safety or does it only have the integrated trigger safety?
All three safeties on LC9s and LC9s pro. The original LC9s (non-pro model) also has a thumb safety and magazine disconnect.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By all three safety's do you mean
1. Drop safety
2. Sear Pin Safety (blocker)
3. And of course the very obvious integrated trigger safety

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi,
From my Ruger LC9s Pro Instruction Manual "There is a striker blocker [that might be both #1 and #2 above] and a passive trigger safety, but there are are no additional safety devices". Of course lest I forget in my old age we also have our brain and trigger finger. I love my Pro model and waited to buy until it was out for sale because of the lack of other safeties since it is my CCW, and heaven forbid that I have to draw it, I only want to worry about aiming and firing, not external safeties. Many will argue the point and all may be correct if that works for them. For me, even training a lot, I can only imagine and hope I react as I train to the adrenaline and stress of the moment.
Hope you find that your LC9s Pro is as great as mine is.
Cheers...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi,
From my Ruger LC9s Pro Instruction Manual "There is a striker blocker [that might be both #1 and #2 above] and a passive trigger safety, but there are are no additional safety devices". Of course lest I forget in my old age we also have our brain and trigger finger. I love my Pro model and waited to buy until it was out for sale because of the lack of other safeties since it is my CCW, and heaven forbid that I have to draw it, I only want to worry about aiming and firing, not external safeties. Many will argue the point and all may be correct if that works for them. For me, even training a lot, I can only imagine and hope I react as I train to the adrenaline and stress of the moment.
Hope you find that your LC9s Pro is as great as mine is.
Cheers...
Well Jeeze, I stand corrected. Pulled this up from the Ruger sight. Of course, the Pro model doesn't have the thumb safety or mag disconnect (as I mentioned before):

"Safety Features
Safety features include integrated trigger safety, manual safety, internal striker blocker, magazine disconnect, inert magazine (model 3235 only) for safe disassembly and a visual inspection port that allows for visual confirmation of a loaded or empty chamber ."

Still doesn't change my opinion of the pistol - as I love mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts