Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
195 Posts
All I can say is, I traded my LC9S because I truly believed the trigger was way too light and broke too quickly. Otherwise I loved the gun.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't know about the lc but the one for the sr40 works like a charm. I loaded an sr40 up with Galloway parts and it really improved it. Galloway does make good stuff and superfast on shipping. my sr trigger is now what ruger should have made it out of the box.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I polished the stock trigger on my LC9s to get rid of the sharp edges and mated the trigger safety to the trigger so it was flush with the trigger when pulled.

That seems to have eliminated the trigger "bite".

The Galloway trigger does look interesting and looks better than some of their triggers with the screw sticking out the back.

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,620 Posts
Have not heard any data on the Galloway trigger for the LC9s/EC9s: Aegis Short Stroke Trigger. Curious to see if anyone has tried it too!
*For me a lite trigger is on the LC9s/EC9s is not a good thing. When training with my EC9s after breaking it in I noticed it took time to get to know the break for me. So far it has been a good trigger and has smoothed out but not too much. Anymore and I will keep it in the safe. Just my opinion to each his own.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gallow Precision Aegis trigger installed

Well, after tolerating the trigger bite since owing an LC9S for three years and shooting with a ban-aid or glove, I finally found the Galloway Precision Aegis trigger. I installed it with the help of a YouTube video, and have found it to be pretty much what I've been looking for. It has no 'bite', and has a shorter throw than the original. It's also much flatter that the heavily curved original. I did mod the trigger insert to remove a built-in hump of sorts; seems to feel better on my finger. Note that installing this trigger disables (removes?) the mag 'safety' on the non pro version.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was looking at the galloway but decided I want to keep the mag safety feature so that my two primaries (lc9s & SR9c) are the same while teaching my wife and son. Will be looking at the PRP since it does not affect that aspect of the gun(s).

·
Forlorn Hope
495 Posts
Will be looking at the PRP since it does not affect that aspect of the gun(s).
I installed the PRP trigger kit on my LC9s, and it does a great job of reducing pre-tavel and getting rid of over travel. It also took several OZ off the trigger pull, so be prepared for that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks Gladius64 for confirming my concern. On the other thread I posted a response from PRP about my thought of only using the pivot and they said the two parts work together...so I either live with the reset or swap parts and also change the pull too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts