Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Go Navy!
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a new LC9s. Cleaned it and put 50 rounds though it. White box, hand loads, defensive ammo -- not one issue. I think this gun actually shoots better than my SR9!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Darn you brightleaf! I entered the rifle forum, saw LC9s and backed out, you got me on that one....

BTW, I've had the LC9s Pro for over a year now, great pistol, but then again, I love my original LC9 as well, just like the new trigger a little better.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I have the original one, you know... the Kel-tec PF9 :D I can't shoot it for anything due to the trigger, but I like the size. I think I need to try one of these now that Ruger has improved the trigger with a striker fired version!

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
I have the original one, you know... the Kel-tec PF9 :D I can't shoot it for anything due to the trigger, but I like the size. I think I need to try one of these now that Ruger has improved the trigger with a striker fired version!
Did your "original" one have all the safeties, loaded chamber indicators, mag disconnects, etc?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Did your "original" one have all the safeties, loaded chamber indicators, mag disconnects, etc?
Nope, and just because Ruger added all the lawyer liability features doesn't mean that they didn't copy the gun from Kel-tec. I didn't say Ruger didn't improve on it, or that the Ruger is not the better gun... but they certainly drew some inspiration from Kel-tec on both the LC9 and the LCP.

You know Ruger makes an AR now too... I suppose that is an original from them since they made a couple of changes to the design there as well?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Just goes to show that sometimes the original isn't the best, but often times the original does end up being a driving force in the right direction.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Just goes to show that sometimes the original isn't the best, but often times the original does end up being a driving force in the right direction.
I agree... The PF9, like many Kel-Tec firearms, was a great idea but the final product had a lot of room for improvements.

Their idea of an inexpensive, small single stack 9mm was great... just the trigger sucks. Ruger came out with the LC9 which was better built, but the trigger still wasn't that great. I haven't shot a LC9s, but maybe I should give it a look.

·
Registered
936 Posts
LC9s Pro trigger still has a relatively long pull, but otherwise it is better. I was disappointed in that the pull on my LC9s Pro appears to be as long as my original LC9.

I had ordered the kit to shorten the travel for my original LC9, from someone on here that offered them, trouble it, by the time they had them back in stock for shipping, I was too used to the trigger and didn't want to change it.

On occasion I'll carry the Pro, but that's only if I'm wearing light summer clothing, which isn't all that often. Still prefer my M&P40c, trigger and all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts