Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 22 LCP 2 22 works well but locks back every 4 or 5 rounds, no fails otherwise. Whats wrong?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
your right I am ordering 2 more. I do not think it is the slide lock bumper but I noticed that the lock back release button touches the top of the mag under the slide it does not look like it should.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ruger recommends cci mini mags and that is all I use. I have tried different mags and still have the lock back issue. It happens every 4 or 5 rounds sometimes twice in a row.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Check the fit on the slide lock. Maybe it was bent a little or maybe needs a little lube.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
I have 5 mags and have not seen that problem with any of them. Try another mag, then call Ruger.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well I thought that I could fix it. and needed to remove the frame from the grip.....it is at Ruger now getting reassembled and fixed. Do not disassemble!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
send my gun Thursday to Ruger. Got a notice that it was repaired today and ready to ship back!! Seriously 1 day to repair and ship. That must be a record!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just got one last week Same issue... What did they do to fix yours? Any help before I return it. Thank you,
Anthonator

·
Registered
220 Posts
I had that problem the first (and only) day I had mine. Once I started to use a firm two handed grip the problem went away. I have had one or two in the last 3-4 hundred rounds.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Out of the box, I scrub the barrel gave everything a light lube and went to the range. Fifth round down slide locked back five more in the magazine this happened with eight different loads of ammunition from CCI, Winchester, Remington, 36 and 40 grain loads as well as 32 grain stingers. Numerous failures to fire. Locked the pistol with gorilla grip and it’s still hung open after four or five rounds. I ran over 300 cartridges cleaning it out about 150 .

I also had numerous light strikes and it even malfunctioned with stinger rounds… nothing short of holding the slide lock with my left thumb would it ever cycle without hanging up. Took it back to take aim guns in Palm Harbor Florida today, they’re shipping it back to Ruger.

I sure hope they get it fixed I really like this little pistol, I’ve never owned a pocket size 22. The old adage you get one chance to make a first impression, the first four rounds were marvelos! After that consistent disappointment, oh well.

Several of my shooting friends recommended purchasing another magazine, and I probably will but only if this thing is going to run right Dash why would I spend more money on something that isn’t working just saying. I understand That may be a simple fix, however on spending $300 plus Taxes, ffl fees etc it’s new and should work out of the box period!

My hope is that it will be returned repaired, I wait with targeted anticipation -
ANTHONATOR OUT

·
Registered
220 Posts
Why did you go through an FFL or is it required in your state? Here Ruger just sends me a FedEx ticket and it comes right back to my house.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Why did you go through an FFL or is it required in your state? Here Ruger just sends me a FedEx ticket and it comes right back to my house.
Im not able to be home and sign for the ticket (I'm a relief MM Captain, never know my schedule!) easier for me to go through the ffl

·
Registered
5 Posts
Out of the box, I scrub the barrel gave everything a light lube and went to the range. Fifth round down slide locked back five more in the magazine this happened with eight different loads of ammunition from CCI, Winchester, Remington, 36 and 40 grain loads as well as 32 grain stingers. Numerous failures to fire. Locked the pistol with gorilla grip and it’s still hung open after four or five rounds. I ran over 300 cartridges cleaning it out about 150 .

I also had numerous light strikes and it even malfunctioned with stinger rounds… nothing short of holding the slide lock with my left thumb would it ever cycle without hanging up. Took it back to take aim guns in Palm Harbor Florida today, they’re shipping it back to Ruger.

I sure hope they get it fixed I really like this little pistol, I’ve never owned a pocket size 22. The old adage you get one chance to make a first impression, the first four rounds were marvelos! After that consistent disappointment, oh well.

Several of my shooting friends recommended purchasing another magazine, and I probably will but only if this thing is going to run right Dash why would I spend more money on something that isn’t working just saying. I understand That may be a simple fix, however on spending $300 plus Taxes, ffl fees etc it’s new and should work out of the box period!

My hope is that it will be returned repaired, I wait with targeted anticipation -
ANTHONATOR OUT

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well here is the short story. I returned the gun on 7 July, did not hear anything for almost 2 weeks…
Then I called Ruger on the 20th and they said they had not received the pistol???? They had not even received a request for a return RMA. I went back to the dealer and discovered they had left my pistol on a junk table in plain sight behind the register, WTF?, it sat there for almost 2 weeks... talk about good customer service, they freaking blew me off. But wait there's more: I told him I would like to take my pistol back and just take care of it myself. They next informed me that I had to fill out another background check form and requested another five dollars to get my gun back??? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? I DID NOT PAY THEM -HELL NO! Got the pistol back went home and called Ruger..

Ruger sent me two new mags and I went to Reload range Friday the 24th and it ran just fine, 250 rounds- only problem was with original magazine. Problem solved- Lesson learned!

I Like this little pistol, it's fun to shoot, I did not destroy the defective magazine I just painted the base plate white, I'll keep it and maybe even replace the follower at some point. In the meantime if it does fail during range time, it'll be a practice tap, rack, slide routine.

On the range I was better able to focus on target this time as my first outing was dismal due to the distractions because the failures kept me from focusing on the target. I'm sure with more practice I will be better able to work my targets with better accuracy now that I feel confident in its ability to send rounds downrange.

In conclusion I want to thank Miss Lori at Ruger for listening to the long story of the events of last week. It was very difficult to maintain my composure while dealing with the failure of customer service, but a gun store is no place to vent emotions. There's two sides to every story, I know the industry and customer service sales right now are frenetic. It doesn't matter what business you're in and I speak for myself we've all made mistakes. My only criticism of them was they should have comped me more than just covering the fee for the background check. The owner called me approximately a half hour after I left the store with some story about emails to Ruger suggesting that I change ammo types- it's too bad they didn't read the letter I had written to inform Ruger repair that I had used eight different types of ammo but that was her story. Needless to say, I did not bother to even answer the phone: that was the message that was left in the voicemail box. And no I did not even bother to call her back FINI`

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,620 Posts
Well here is the short story. I returned the gun on 7 July, did not hear anything for almost 2 weeks…
Then I called Ruger on the 20th and they said they had not received the pistol???? They had not even received a request for a return RMA. I went back to the dealer and discovered they had left my pistol on a junk table in plain sight behind the register, WTF?, it sat there for almost 2 weeks... talk about good customer service, they freaking blew me off. But wait there's more: I told him I would like to take my pistol back and just take care of it myself. They next informed me that I had to fill out another background check form and requested another five dollars to get my gun back??? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? I DID NOT PAY THEM -HELL NO! Got the pistol back went home and called Ruger..

Ruger sent me two new mags and I went to Reload range Friday the 24th and it ran just fine, 250 rounds- only problem was with original magazine. Problem solved- Lesson learned!

I Like this little pistol, it's fun to shoot, I did not destroy the defective magazine I just painted the base plate white, I'll keep it and maybe even replace the follower at some point. In the meantime if it does fail during range time, it'll be a practice tap, rack, slide routine.

On the range I was better able to focus on target this time as my first outing was dismal due to the distractions because the failures kept me from focusing on the target. I'm sure with more practice I will be better able to work my targets with better accuracy now that I feel confident in its ability to send rounds downrange.

In conclusion I want to thank Miss Lori at Ruger for listening to the long story of the events of last week. It was very difficult to maintain my composure while dealing with the failure of customer service, but a gun store is no place to vent emotions. There's two sides to every story, I know the industry and customer service sales right now are frenetic. It doesn't matter what business you're in and I speak for myself we've all made mistakes. My only criticism of them was they should have comped me more than just covering the fee for the background check. The owner called me approximately a half hour after I left the store with some story about emails to Ruger suggesting that I change ammo types- it's too bad they didn't read the letter I had written to inform Ruger repair that I had used eight different types of ammo but that was her story. Needless to say, I did not bother to even answer the phone: that was the message that was left in the voicemail box. And no I did not even bother to call her back FINI`
Too bad this happened. Keep moving forward with your Ruger and give it a good test session. We just went over 1,200 rounds with our LCPII22LR with no issues and we are very happy with the ones we use. We just clean after each session and so far have had no ammo issues. If you do run into issues ask questions and get some assistance. Good luck and be safe. You handled the LGS better than most. My hats off to you and Ruger!
PEACE FAVOR YOUR SWORD!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts