Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this is the correct spot or not to post this. I just got back from the range and my first time firing my new lcp 2. It shot great and ran all the different ammo I fed it. But I wanted to get into reloading so I was collecting my brass and all of it was dented. And on the side of the case you can see rub marks. I hand cycled a few through so I could see what was happening it looks like the case get pushed to the top or the barrel with some force and is caving in the spent brass. Is this normal. Thank you some where worse than the photos but I must have chucked them at the range

Attachments

·
Registered
485 Posts
I get what i call deflector dents sometimes. Just a ding more or less. They press out when resizing. The ones you have will reshape. But why it is happening needs to be addressed.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I stripped it down at the range and reassembled it but nothing seem out of place. But when I cycled the shells out but hand it seemed like there was a lot of force pushing up on the shells. I watched videos where the case just kinda dropped out of the gun mine flew 20 feet. I'm not sure what to do should i contact ruger

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I get what i call deflector dents sometimes. Just a ding more or less. They press out when resizing. The ones you have will reshape. But why it is happening needs to be addressed.
Would the scraps on the sides of the case be ok for reloading

·
Registered
485 Posts
I put my cheeters on and looked closer. That 1st pic them scrapes look bad. They look like they are gouged in. Those i would discard.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put my cheeters on and looked closer. That 1st pic them scrapes look bad. They look like they are gouged in. Those i would discard.
I shot 86 rounds and picked up most and all but 3 or so looked like this some were worse and some weren't as bad but all were damaged

·
Registered
485 Posts
How does the chamber look? It should be smooth. On the brass throwing, I have some guns that drop it in front of me. Others that eject it behind me. Some that throw the brass far. 1 of my 9's do that. My 10mm is real bad lol.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Yeah the barrel isn't mounted like a rifle. Take a good look where the round goes into the barrel with a bore light. Or a flashlight. If you don't have a bore light, It should be smooth before the rifling starts.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not to sound like an idiot but this is a issue correct it shouldn't be doing this or do all the little guns donthis

·
Righteous Dude
21,654 Posts
I'm willing to be corrected, but I'm not seeing anything that would stop me from reloading those cases. The brass often won't be perfectly round after being ejected and the ejection process often leaves a rub/scrape of some type especially in semi-autos.

If the case had a crack or deep gouge, I would trash the case. However, the pics I see on my phone look fine.

Enjoy your gun and your spent brass. 😊

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm not sure if this is the correct spot or not to post this. I just got back from the range and my first time firing my new lcp 2. It shot great and ran all the different ammo I fed it. But I wanted to get into reloading so I was collecting my brass and all of it was dented. And on the side of the case you can see rub marks. I hand cycled a few through so I could see what was happening it looks like the case get pushed to the top or the barrel with some force and is caving in the spent brass. Is this normal. Thank you some where worse than the photos but I must have chucked them at the range
It looks like an ejector adjustment. Are you using more than one mag.? If so pick up a couple more and see if it makes a difference. If not send it in and have them adjust it .

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
It looks like an ejector adjustment. Are you using more than one mag.? If so pick up a couple more and see if it makes a difference. If not send it in and have them adjust it .
Is the ejector really adjustable in any of the LCP models... I don't believe so.

·
Registered
100 Posts
should I contact ruger about it
If it’s firing and functional I wouldn’t. In my experience with sending things back to Ruger they have mostly unskilled labor throwing new parts at problems, not experts doing detailed tuning and quality testing. If it’s reliable now and you send it in they’ll probably just put a new out of the box barrel and slide assembly on it and fire a couple rounds through it. You might end up with a different problem that makes it unreliable.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts