Ruger Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
the only thing that sucks is I was looking to start reloading the 380 but it would hard to do if this little guy chews up all the brass. I wonder if its a break in kinda thing

·
Righteous Dude
21,654 Posts
the only thing that sucks is I was looking to start reloading the 380 but it would hard to do if this little guy chews up all the brass. I wonder if its a break in kinda thing
Maybe my phone is not revealing your brass's damage, but it doesn't look as though it can't be reloaded. I see normal wear from a semi-auto launching out it's brass. I have loaded semi-auto brass with similar appearances with no issues.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
I’d take a look at the extractor. That brass is hitting something while it is moving sideways - in fact, from the direction of the striations, it is pivoting as it hits something, probably the ejection port. I’d bet the extractor has a burr or something other defect that is causing it to pull the brass into the edge - probably the bottom edge - of the port.

Reactions: ShooterGranny

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm willing to be corrected, but I'm not seeing anything that would stop me from reloading those cases. The brass often won't be perfectly round after being ejected and the ejection process often leaves a rub/scrape of some type especially in semi-autos.

If the case had a crack or deep gouge, I would trash the case. However, the pics I see on my phone look fine.

Enjoy your gun and your spent brass.
Ha ha you’re like me. Hit those with a sizer and like magic they are good as new for all intensive purposes.
I had a service glock that chewed the cases like that. I never bothered asking about it as it always went bang fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I got ahold of them and I'm sending it in. But what type of package should I use i have the original box

·
Registered
163 Posts
Tough call. If it fires ok consistently after a few hundred rounds, I'd call it useable. But unless ejected cases were hitting some hard object (like steel I-beam), fired cases should not be that dented. Ruger has a good reputation for support, but sending this in would entail some effort and possibly more waiting than normal due to transportation backups.

Edit: Looked at pics again. Denting from top does not look really bad. But that one scrape on the side is kind of nasty.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Ok here's an update got my gun back from ruger today. So I went to the ranger to check her out. They replaced the slide and barrel. It fires good but still chews the brass up I cant figure it out and am not sure what to do

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ok here's an update got my gun back from ruger today. So I went to the ranger to check her out. They replaced the slide and barrel. It fires good but still chews the brass up I cant figure it out and am not sure what to do

The one I had did that too, through all three rebuilds. If yours functions reliably it’s way ahead of what mine was. The most I got out of mine was 370 rounds before something broke or wore out.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The one I had did that too, through all three rebuilds. If yours functions reliably it’s way ahead of what mine was. The most I got out of mine was 370 rounds before something broke or wore out.
I wonder if the all do it. What kind of issues did yours have? Thanks

·
Registered
100 Posts
I wonder if the all do it. What kind of issues did yours have? Thanks
The extractor flew out of the gun at about 500 rounds, but the gun started to malfunction after the first 75 rounds, with various failures to eject & extract.

After Ruger rebuilt it I got the mag drop issue.

After that was fixed I got failures to return to battery.

After that it began failing to extract again. Ruger destroyed the gun and offered me a different model as a replacement.

I really loved the size and form of the gun but I could never trust it as a carry gun. The longest run I recorded without a malfunction was about 370 rounds after the 3rd rebuild. I kept trying to hit the magic 500 rd mark. It was a lot of fun to shoot and I got pretty good with it. Total I fired close to 2k rounds before Ruger gave up on it. I really do miss shooting it though.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I am on my 3rd LCP2. First 2 ran great. I traded one off for a Sterling .22. The other was the Muddy Girl camo. It was $174 new from Rural King. Traded that to my sister for her almost new LCP2. I had been carrying it with HST's. Pulled it out to demonstrate to my friend what a great gun it was. Damned thing jammed twice in one mag :mad: my BIL cleaned it after they went to the range. It looked mighty dry. Haven't dinked with it yet.

Might want to check your lube job.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts