Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just wanted to post a quick FYI for whoever else is or wishes to daily carry their LCP2 22lr. after two weeks of continuous pocket carry i decided to look over my new toy and low and behold, there were two rust spots along the top edge of the slide. sorry, no pics because i was so devastated and immediately pulled out the cleaning kit and removed the rust and oiled the hell out of my slide. now full disclosure, i work in construction and the south Texas heat has me sweating like crazy for my entire work day. i usually pocket carry a gen 1 LCP with stainless steel slide. i swapped the blued slide for the SS for the same reason, rust on the slide due to excessive sweating while pocket carrying. the reason i switched from the 380 to the 22lr was a friend of mine recently picked up a digital trigger gauge and while testing my LCP's trigger it had a delayed hammer drop when the trigger was pulled. it had been some time since i had cleaned my daily carry and the amount of visible lint on the exterior was embarrassing to say the least. i put of cleaning my 380 and chose to carry the 22lr until then. but like i said, just be aware the blued slide is prone to rust, even while inside the factory supplied pocket holster.

note to self, clean and inspect my guns more often!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Rugers finish they put on the slides has a lot to be desired. It makes it black, that's it. I could see some rust starting on my LCP 2 near the rear sight. Took care of that and it got silicone twice so far.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Sounds pretty typical for a LCP slide. Mine started rusting in the engraved lettering first. The fix is Cerakote finishing for the slide or really keep it rubbed down with anti rust products.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Just make it a habit to wipe it down with a cloth impregnated with your favorite rust preventative at the end of each day and when doing so , inspecting the gun for anything and everything before putting it away for the next day .
Pocket guns can pick up the darndest things ...the nightly ritual of wipe down and inspection is a good habit to develop ...guns don't take care of themselves and even fingerprints can cause rust ...trust me on this .
Gary

1 - 10 of 10 Posts