Ruger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Somewhat less than you paid for it unless you can find a person who likes distinctive colors in guns. You might go the Gunbroker.com to see if you can find any for sale. Lurking somewhere out there is a person who wants a purple pistol. I suspect they will be hard to find unless a a collector happens to want one.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Interesting color! Not my cup of tea but I'm sure someone, somewhere would find it attractive.

I bought an LCP with a black slide and an OD frame that I absolutely abhor. Thinking about painting frame black.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Not sure you’ll see too many plastic pocket pistols gain in value but I suppose that may have been said about AMC Pacers. Heck a pristine one might fetch what you paid for it way back when.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Limited numbers. Not rare per se, but hard to find if you're looking for one. Sea like they were a high-sales dealer edition.

If it's been shot, carefully shoot the snot out of it. If unfired probably keep it awhile. They ain't making any more of them, and someone like me is out there appreciating your luck.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My wife has a purple LCP, but it has a black slide. She saw this one and wants it real bad!!!!……. I kind of like it too……anyway, the odd colors DO have a certain amount of appeal to a few folks. Because of the limited appeal, it may not have the premium resale value you may be looking for…………… THAT being said, there are folks that will pay extra for ‘weird’ stuff, and I hope you find that someone. BTW, I won’t let my wife look at my phone anymore…….
She calls her LCP the ‘P-quad’, as in ‘P’ to the fourth power, which stands for Petite Purple Pervert Popper. If she is awake, she’s packing it!!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Lol, I would sell it for more than all the others. I would advertise it as the unique and exquisite, hard to find LIMITED EDITION.Known to collectors and called by some as the "Purple Maze". Beautiful condition!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Lol, I would sell it for more than all the others. I would advertise it as the unique and exquisite, hard to find LIMITED EDITION.Known to collectors and called by some as the "Purple Maze". Beautiful condition!
IMHO your second picture is better than your first. But I'm a revolver guy

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
My wife has a purple LCP, but it has a black slide. She saw this one and wants it real bad!!!!……. I kind of like it too……anyway, the odd colors DO have a certain amount of appeal to a few folks. Because of the limited appeal, it may not have the premium resale value you may be looking for…………… THAT being said, there are folks that will pay extra for ‘weird’ stuff, and I hope you find that someone. BTW, I won’t let my wife look at my phone anymore…….
She calls her LCP the ‘P-quad’, as in ‘P’ to the fourth power, which stands for Petite Purple Pervert Popper. If she is awake, she’s packing it!!!
The P-quad thing really made me laugh. You know you gotta buy it now as a special gift for your wife!

·
Registered
Mk II, Wrangler, LCPII .22 LR, EC9S, Security 9, P-85, RAR .17 HMR + .22 LR, + 10/22 Sporter
1,693 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Quote by JVolger "
MHO your second picture is better than your first. But I'm a revolver guy"

But I can do magic. I can change the Pico grip in a breeze. I can do my own stipling, change grip color etc. Abra Cadabra. Well actually cannot get everyone's opinion on one firearm. You will have to wait in line.
Besides with all due respect It is NOT what you or I like, but what the buyer likes. It is called sales and marketing.

But I like revolvers as well

·
Registered
590 Posts
I've seen a few plum / raspberry colored LCP's going for a bit more than plain black ones. I'm not sure what a special ed. might fetch, but you just need to find the right buyer.

On a related subject, I asked a girl at a range about her Muddy Girl camo 10/22. My thought was doesn't it sort of defeat the "camo?" She just laughed & said she liked it that way.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The pink color in the Muddy Girl camo appears as a shade of gray to wildlife (except maybe cats and birds). We proved this to ourselves years ago with a dayglo pink and white zebra-striped AR and b&w pics. 🦉

1 - 13 of 13 Posts