Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my LCP for a couple of weeks and have put about 100 rounds through it on two separate occasions - 50 rounds per session. Towards of each of the session I've encoutered a "stove pipe" issue. Is this typical for a break in period? Could this be the sign of some wrist fatigue? How many rounds do I put through this pistol before I conclude it's ready to be carried for personal protection? I would love some advice on this.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Welcome from CT.

I also have an LCP, I ran 100 rounds of reg ammo and a box (25) of SD ammo without any issues at all and I considered it ready to go.

Only 1 stove pipe issue? I would try another 100 rounds before I would trust it. That's just me.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Welcome from the Heart of Texas. I had a few with my LCP at first. found out I was limp wrisiting it. Once the RO help verify that for me and I changed my technique, no more issues. I practice with it regularly as I prefer to carry it. It's a grab 'n' go.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Had mine a couple years. No trouble so far. Don't like the trigger but it's what I carry when wearing shorts and golf shirt. When it cools down I'll carry a 45.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Towards of each of the session I've encoutered a "stove pipe" issue.
That pretty well nails it as a limp wrist issue. What ammo were you using? The LCP will eat, digest, and spit out just about anything it's fed. I've ran several hundred rounds though mine with nary a hicup.

Be fastidious with cleaning the LCP. Use decent ammo. Make sure you're not limp wristing it. Should be fine.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
agree

That pretty well nails it as a limp wrist issue. What ammo were you using? The LCP will eat, digest, and spit out just about anything it's fed. I've ran several hundred rounds though mine with nary a hicup.

Be fastidious with cleaning the LCP. Use decent ammo. Make sure you're not limp wristing it. Should be fine.
That has also been my experience for almost two years with my elsie!

YMMV.

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
I've had my LCP for a couple of weeks and have put about 100 rounds through it on two separate occasions - 50 rounds per session. Towards of each of the session I've encoutered a "stove pipe" issue. Is this typical for a break in period? Could this be the sign of some wrist fatigue? How many rounds do I put through this pistol before I conclude it's ready to be carried for personal protection? I would love some advice on this.

Yup, your arm/wrist are getting tired. Only you can decide how many rounds you need to shoot before you trust it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts