Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased an LCP Custom from a local shop who uses Gallery of Guns. In my first twelve rounds, I had several failures to feed and/or eject, and then the trigger locked up and wouldn't budge. Took it back to the shop who sent it back to GoG. Apparently they had no replacements so they sent it to Ruger to fix. Just got it back, cleaned it, and shot the remaining 38 rounds from the box flawlessly.

There was no note inside from Ruger as to what they did to it. I did notice that the inside top of the trigger appears to be ground down. (see pic)

Did it look like this originally? Is this normal wear from shooting? Did Ruger fix it by grinding something down? Just curious.

Gonna run another hundred rounds or so before I'd be remotely comfortable carrying it. Love how it handles after being serviced though.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Why did you deal with the middle men when you had a problem with a new Ruger? Seems to me that Ruger has outstanding customer service so it makes sense to go direct and send a problem gun back to them so they can make it right.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The local gun shop that I purchased it from had a replacement guarantee thru GoG(which is what I wanted, since it was a little sketchy out of the gate)... with the fine print being that if they can't replace it with new (Ruger just lowered the prices and there was a run on LCPs apparently) they would have it refurbished by the manufacturer, which is what happened.

I agree that Ruger has always had top notch service! ☺

Either my LGS or Gallery of Guns misplaced the service order from Ruger, so I don't know what was done to help fix the problems. Was hoping someone could shed light on what was ground down and why.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Call Ruger and explain what happened. I bet with your serial # they will be able to tell you what repairs were made to the pistol.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great suggestion. Ruger emailed me a .pdf of the original packing slip in just a couple of days! They rock. "Items replaced n/a. Items repaired: trigger" They also suggested that I try multiple brands of ammo. They cleaned the gun again after firing 24 test rounds.

So I still don't know exactly what the filing down does on the trigger as in the picture, but at least I got the info as to what Ruger did to improve performance. It's running great now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts