Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love to hear some feedback about the gun and what kind of prices people are seeing. I have seen them for 399.00, 349.00 and a lgs says they might be around 3 bills when and if they get them. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
LCP Custom RED TRIGGER

Bought mine today in Liberty Township, Ohio 45011 for $329 at a mom and pop (Right 2 Arms). They have a couple in stock. Shot some range rounds and hollow points. Love it. After I shot I got a Hogue grip (need to punch out the rear top pin). Real happy with it. I got a Sticky holster, some of the other LCP holsters available snag on the rear sight, the Sticky did not. Note of caution if you get an additional mag.....Ruger offers a 7 round mag which is nice. I bought one at the range, but it would not fit into the gun. I saw a video of a guy who bought two Ruger 7 round mags and one fit and one did not. Anyway I went back to the counter and they gave me the next one on the hook and it worked great.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I bought a Custom last year to replace my Gen 1 LCP. I carry it more than anything else.

However, it's back in Prescott right now having a new front sight put on it. Mine came off while firing at the range last week. I've read on other forums of this happening quite a bit. I asked CS about it, and they said it had happened a number of times, but they have a fix for it now so it shouldn't happen again.

I don't know what the fix is, and I hope the repair ticket says something more than "replaced front sight."

I've got around 500 rounds through my Custom and really like it...particularly when it's sporting a front sight! Funny thing is I didn't even know it was missing until I got home and started cleaning the gun. I have a CT laser on it and was using the laser almost exclusively during the range session.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I look at the Custom at Gander Mountain (399.99) and compared it to the regular LCP. I bought the standard LCP on Gun Broker for $199.00 + $12.00 to ship. 150 flawless rounds, no trigger bite just a nice little shooter. If I decide to add the Sweet Pea trigger down the road I can but from I've seen so far, I doubt I'll change anything. Additionally; the LCP is so flat it has been going with me more than my S&W 442. I now just leave it in the pocket of my jeans and its always ready to go.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have a 2012 model that I bought new that now has fired over 600 rnds. of mixed quality from el cheapo 95 grn. fmj's to premium jhp's like hornady critical defense, cor-bon dpx, etc... Have yet to experience a single malfunction of any type.

The long DAO trigger and smooth, rounded lines makes it a very safe back-up gun that you can hide virtually anywhere on your person safely. The raised sights on the newer "Custom" model would defeat a lot of the practicality of this back-up weapon and could snag on pockets, ankle holsters, socks, etc...

I think this neat, reliable, and inexpensive little semi-auto (along with it's twin, the Kel-Tec 3AT) has become the "Derringer" of the 21st century

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I bought mine as soon as they came out. I had to have it ordered in and I believe they charged me $450. (WOW now that I am seeing the lesser prices) But I am very happy with it. Best pocket gun that I have ever had, and I have had almost all of them.
I like the long trigger pull but it is better than the originals. I have the 7 round magazine in mine. It works great. I have a holster for mine but never use it, I just throw it in an empty pocket.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Budsgunshop.com (aka... "The Gun Warehouse" in Lexington, KY) has new LCPs for $229 shipped right now. If you buy them in store they're $249. My dad picked up a new Gen 2 LCP this weekend for $249 +tax at Bud's Seviereville location.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I have one coming on an LE purchase for $209.00. I hope it's as dependable as my original standard model.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Picked one up last week @ Black Sheep Sporting goods in Coeur d Alene for $208. Really like the trigger, steel guide rod & real sites!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just bought a Custom LCP from CDNN for $ 255. Other dealers were advertising them cheaper, but none had any. I thought this was a fair price and it came quickly. I haven't shot it yet but love the way it feels in my hand. It will be my at home pistol. When I leave the farm I carry a .45.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have been eyeing one of these up now! Online I seen them at Kentucky for $219 or so and on backorder now. Calling around locally they range from $259 and up. I did get one store that told me over the phone $225 and is supposed to get 2 in this week so I might try them on that price. I usually buy online and do transfer for $20 because the locals are crazy in pricing stuff. But if I can get it for $225 I'll be happy. I stopped at one store today I never been in and asked about one and they didn't have them and said he has been getting calls on them. Seems to be a popular gun according to local gun stores around here in western PA.

My worry though I thought the gun started at $419 msrp and know on Ruger's site it says $269. Why the price change and is that why the local stores are still high? My worry is that a striker model is coming like the LC9s. I'd rather have that model if its coming. Not sure if I should wait or not.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have been eyeing one of these up now! Online I seen them at Kentucky for $219 or so and on backorder now. Calling around locally they range from $259 and up. I did get one store that told me over the phone $225 and is supposed to get 2 in this week so I might try them on that price. I usually buy online and do transfer for $20 because the locals are crazy in pricing stuff. But if I can get it for $225 I'll be happy. I stopped at one store today I never been in and asked about one and they didn't have them and said he has been getting calls on them. Seems to be a popular gun according to local gun stores around here in western PA.

My worry though I thought the gun started at $419 msrp and know on Ruger's site it says $269. Why the price change and is that why the local stores are still high? My worry is that a striker model is coming like the LC9s. I'd rather have that model if its coming. Not sure if I should wait or not.

I ending up buying the one from a local store for $225. They got one in and lucked into it. Nice little gun and far superior to the first model! Now to get some .380 ammo and go target shooting!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts