Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the LCP for a while but sold it about 3 years ago or so. mainly because of the sights. so the LCP custom seems like a good one to try. as I loved the LCP I had otherwise.

some concerns I have are holster compatibility, and the sights snagging on draw.

in doing some research before hand I have read some people mention that it fits in the nemesis, superfly, and one of the sticky brand holsters. as well as the bianchi 152. however, these are all pocket holsters. I am looking for a broader use. can anyone verify some holsters that work for the customer other then pocket holsters? IWB, ankle, Wallet/back pocket, Etc. trying to get a good list of options together. not just for me, but my father as well who has his heart set on an LCP Custom after I brought it to his attention. and my wife will end up wanting one if I get one. so far she has wanted her own of every carry gun I have purchased. so if ladies here, (or fellas, if your wifes have input) feel free to suggest holsters as well.

a More specific question I would like to hear about, is if you have tested Drawing from said holster extensively, and if there were every any issues with the sights catching. those sights look a bit "snaggy". I see were this could be a real issue with a pocket holster as it would equate to having the holster come out with the gun.

Thank you for any advice!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I use a Desantis Tuck This for my custom. I really don't care for pocket carry, and it disappears inside my waistband. The sights are not a snagging issue at all for me.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
First, welcome to the Forum. Glad to have you.

I, too, had a gen 1 LCP which I replaced with a Custom. All the holsters I used for the Gen 1 work fine with the Custom.

The two I have left are the Remora - which I use primarily for pocket carry - and the In The Waistband model from (don't laugh, please!) The Well Armed Woman. I did order mine in black. I particularly like the latter because of the way the clip is offset and over the trigger guard giving it a thinner profile. It's also ambidextrous. I've ordered several holsters from them and been very pleased with all. Here's the link...

In The Waistband Holster by The Well Armed Woman

Also, I've had no problem with the front sight snagging when drawing from the Remora in the pocket.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so far for the feadback fellas!

Kudso, I have never used them, but an Acquaintance of mine makes holsters here in Florida (Bratta Holsters) and he has a model that is almost exactly like that one. indeed good holsters. though I have found for myself, most holsters outside the Hybrid 2 clip family are not comfortable. though I may still consider that one, it may be different with such a small, thin, pistol.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I just received a Clinger IWB Holster for my LCP Custom and am pleased so far. It is Kydex and adjustable for ride height. I added that my LCP had the taller sights in the notes area when ordering. Don't know if he molded it specifically for the Custom but the sights clear fine. And the holster was only $24.00 shipped with his Christmas special.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts