Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in either the LCP Custom or LC9S and all the local gunshops in Maine are sold out. Kittery Trading post has the LC9s, but in a fancy blue camo style and I'd rather have the plain black version. Gallery of Guns hasn't had any for 4 weeks!

Is Ruger unable to keep up with demand, or are there issues that need to be worked out before production resumes? Some are available through Uncle Henry's (a local version of craigslist), but I don't want to buy and early one from a private party if there have been manufacturing issues. I'd rather wait until Ruger works out any manufacturing issues.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I'm interested in either the LCP Custom or LC9S and all the local gunshops in Maine are sold out. Kittery Trading post has the LC9s, but in a fancy blue camo style and I'd rather have the plain black version. Gallery of Guns hasn't had any for 4 weeks!

Is Ruger unable to keep up with demand, or are there issues that need to be worked out before production resumes? Some are available through Uncle Henry's (a local version of craigslist), but I don't want to buy and early one from a private party if there have been manufacturing issues. I'd rather wait until Ruger works out any manufacturing issues.
Not sure where in Maine you are at but try Straight Shooters in Jay. (207) 897-5104 I know they had a few a week or so ago, also

Northeastern in Turner is showing one In Stock - Northeastern Firearms

Maine Gun Dealer in Hermon is showing In Stock as well -- Maine Gun Dealer

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Keep looking. They're almost everywhere. Shops have seen an increase in sales. Neither model has any widespread issues.

A shop I went to yesterday had 5+ of each model.

Welcome.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Both Hermon and Turner are several hours drive from me. I'm 40 minutes from Conway, NH. I checked out a gun shop there and they were out, except for an Lc9 and an LCP. I also checked out gunshops within an hours drive; no luck. Back in October, all the nearby gunshops had them. I went on Gallery of Guns, entered my zip code, and checked out all the gun shops within 25 miles. They all had them then. I guess lots of gun owners bought themselves a Christmas present. I'll wait until a gunshop nearby has them again. A 5-6 hour roundtrip drive, not counting time spent in the shop isn't time well spent, when there are gun shops much closer. But thanks for the info.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Gallery of Guns is out now because they had a sale price on the plain Jane model. That's why I bought mine!!!
Like I said wasn't sure where you were.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Same here. LC9S or Pro prices haven't changed but I noticed they are missing from local gun stores. Same with the LCP but they have had a significant price drop as of a couple of months ago. These really seem to be selling quickly as soon as they hit the shelves. We have never owned a .380 but have thought about getting one for an easy to carry pocket gun.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I should have bought an LC9s or LCP custom when they were plentiful. All of a sudden in December, they vanished, except for a model with pink camo. Now that one's gone too!

·
Registered
774 Posts
I should have bought an LC9s or LCP custom when they were plentiful. All of a sudden in December, they vanished, except for a model with pink camo. Now that one's gone too!

Now you are starting to sound like a Marden's commercial !!!:eek: LOL just being funny

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Because of the San Bernadine terrortist attack and the result of the proposed executive actions by the gun industry's best salesman, many of the more inexpensive handguns are outta stock around the country.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Gu8lty6as charged! The LGS had an LC9S for 299. I couldn't (and didn't) pass it up. Merry Christmas to me..
So far, love the gun. It's headed towards my EDC slot as soon as the state sends me the card allowing that level of relationship!
The same LGS offers LCP'S (in 380) for 199. Almost got one of those for the wife. But she couldn't rack the slide. Got a SIG P290rs also in 380 for 289. From what I heard, we were just a few dollars above stealing it...
Keep looking. It's worth the wait!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Are you opposed to buying online? Sportsman Outdoor Superstore has the LC9s Pro for $329 shipped. Not a jaw dropping price, but not bad if you're looking to order one today.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ouch!

I just bought one at Kittery Trading Post for $369.99. Well, at least I'm happy with it. I tried it out at a friend's range and I love how it handles. I never fired the LC9, so I cannot say whether the trigger is better, but I do like the trigger pull.

Contrary to what you hear, it's not a feather light trigger like what you have on expensive target pistols. I've practiced over and over keeping my finger off the trigger until I've lined up my sights.

As a first timer, the only criticism I have is that it's tough to load the full 7 rounds into the magazine. I hope it'll get easier with time.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts

As a first timer, the only criticism I have is that it's tough to load the full 7 rounds into the magazine. I hope it'll get easier with time.
Get an Uplula; it will transform your life.
I can't quite believe the difference between the LC9 and the LC9sPro, triggerwise.

·
Registered
76 Posts
If you want a black frame but can only find it in other colors, it is very easy to dye the frame black with a $7 bottle of RIT dye.

Last August I picked up a strawberry (pink) colored LC9s for a very good price (about $269). Easily stripped down to the frame, and simmered in a pot of water and black RIT dye for about 30-40 minutes flipping occasionally.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Kentucky Gun Club has Customs and regulars for great prices. My Custom is quickly becoming my EDC. Very accurate little gun.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts