Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to buy a LCP Custom and am having a hard time finding them locally at a decent price. ie; Gander Mountain wants $399.99. My local mom and pop store, who I always support over the big box stores, sells them for $239.99. I actually paid for one in advance at the $239.99 price but they were now sure how soon they would get one in. Also, local store said the Shot Show was coming up quick and Ruger may not continue to produce the Custom. So, my question is, does anyone know if Ruger is going to continue to produce the LCP Custom?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
First, welcome to the Forum from St. Louis neighbor. Glad to have you with us.

The SHOT Show runs from 1/19 through 1/22 and we typically see a number of new product introductions surrounding the event.

There's been a lot of speculation that because of the price drops from so many sources on the LCP in recent weeks, that perhaps a new model LCP may be in the in the offing, but there's no real evidence of that to date.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kudzu!. I'm in the Fenton area. I guess I'll just have to see how it goes in the next few weeks. If Ruger drops the Custom I guess I'll go with the new model but most likely step down to the regular LCP and maybe add the Galloway "Sweet Pea Trigger" kit.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Welcome to the Forum,
I can not advise much but I do love my LCP Custom. I paid $399 when they first came out at my LGS *(mom & pop operation).

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Hopefully, if they do come out with a new LCP model it will be an improvement, but probably at a higher price.

When Ruger came out with the LC9s, the price on the orignal LC9 dropped dramatically, which is when I bought mine. We have seen the same thing lately with the SR9 prices being reduced right before they brought out the Ruger American Pistol. Guess that is a good way for them to clean out the old inventory.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Thanks Kudzu!. I'm in the Fenton area. I guess I'll just have to see how it goes in the next few weeks. If Ruger drops the Custom I guess I'll go with the new model but most likely step down to the regular LCP and maybe add the Galloway "Sweet Pea Trigger" kit.
I'm not far from you in the Des Peres/Kirkwood area. I have the Custom and really like it; a big improvement over the Gen 1 LCP I had. The Gen 2 trigger is a big improvement over the Gen 1, so a Gen 2 would not be a bad choice at all and you can get them right now at really good prices.

BTW, Gander Mountain will price match locally if the same gun is in stock locally and they can verify the price with a phone call. They did that when I bought my Springfield XDs a few months ago...a local store had it in stock at a lower price, they called to verify and gave me the lower price.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Then what do you figure is their reasoning for dropping MSRP prices. Are they out to put Kel-Tec out of business? :D

Inventory taxes. I suspect they had a lot of them as well as increased competition.

There are now a lot of 380s on the market. Remington entering , Kahr gen 2 and the Glock 42 is very popular.

I think Ruger overall lacks capacity. I called yet again to find out why I can't get a precision rifle announced at shot show last year.

They have lost a sale after year waiting and I will be moving to Remington I suspect.

They did tell me that everyone is working on the American pistol and I assume that is why the lack of inventory.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm slightly ticked that I recently bought, actually traded for an LCP Custom based on an MSRP of $312, now their factory advertised MSRP is down to $269. Not to mind though, I would do it all over again, it's that good a pistol and worth it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gander Mountain will do a price match but like you said, it has to be a local shop and in stock. Problem is nobody has them in stock locally right now. So, I'll wait a few weeks and see if one shows up at my lgs. If not, I guess I'll buy the regular model and change out the trigger. Not in a real big hurry although, patience is not one of my virtues. LOL

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Gander Mountain will do a price match but like you said, it has to be a local shop and in stock. Problem is nobody has them in stock locally right now. So, I'll wait a few weeks and see if one shows up at my lgs. If not, I guess I'll buy the regular model and change out the trigger. Not in a real big hurry although, patience is not one of my virtues. LOL
Have you checked Top Gun down in Arnold or Mid America Arms on Gravois Rd.?
Both of them typically have LCP Customs in stock, particularly Mid America.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Both out for now. I'm sure more will be coming in the next few weeks. Mid America Arms and Denny Dennis are me preferred places to buy!

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
I could see Ruger doing away with other versions of the LCP before doing away with the custom version.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts