Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The LCP Custom has removable front / rear sights but are almost invisible when I'm target shooting (against a black target). I know that that's not its intended use of a LCP. I've done multiple internet searches various ways but haven't seen any alternative like something from Hi-Viz, etc.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have ever seen aftermarket sights for the pistol. I have an LCP 2. To increase sight visibility I painted the front sight red and the rear sights green with fluorescent sight paint I purchased on Amazon. It works great.

·
Registered
581 Posts
When I had one, I removed the sights completely. They snagged on the pocket holster when drawn. This is not a target gun, and out to 10 yards, I did not need sights.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The LCP Custom has removable front / rear sights but are almost invisible when I'm target shooting (against a black target). I know that that's not its intended use of a LCP. I've done multiple internet searches various ways but haven't seen any alternative like something from Hi-Viz, etc.

Any ideas?
Invisible?? Did you by chance buy it used and it was modified. They stick up like skyscrapers compared to the others. So much in fact that they are pretty snaggy. That’s my only vice with the custom. Shoots like a dream but had to sew in a plastic guide as it was eating the top lip of my Desantis.
Most guys just use a drop of nail polish on the front blade and done clear over it for durability.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was out in bright sunlight and just not working for me. Again, I know it does't matter much at close range. I was just asking if there was something out there that I missed that would be Hi-Viz like. Although the front blade has an indent that has yellow paint in it but in bright sunlight, it's back in the shadows and invisible.

Again, just asking if some different sights were out there. Guess not.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Actually as belly guns go those are really decent sights. The only drawback I know of is those backs are really snaggy. Not a deal breaker by a long shot but it’s definitely there. Otherwise I’d not find a thing wrong with them that some nail polish wouldn’t cure . Mines been in a Desantis for 5 years. A bit of wear on the upper piping where the sights drag on it but otherwise still working well.
One thing that’s nice is if you can put a Crimson trace on there. MY buddy got one brand new given to him. I don’t like the bulk but it’s better than I thought it would be.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe, it's just me. I've reset the rear all the way to the left just before it starts hanging off the slide but it's still off an 8"x8" target at 10 yds when aiming at the bullseye (so, +4" to the right & I'm right-handed). I test it out while practicing with a Ruger Mk4 .22 cal that has a 2.5 pound trigger versus the '30 pounder' on the LCP :D

I do off-road motorcycling sometimes and many times by myself, so I kind of go into these things with basic survival package of food, water, shelter, and this small pocket gun. Not going to carry a 'cannon', spend $1000, or become a personal protection strategist.

I was halfway thinking about making my own hi-viz sights by drilling and then filling with those colored plastic 'light pipes' but that's more $. I just need to practice more with it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You really don’t need all that special gear. It’s a basic gun so you may as well use it that way.
I’m betting you’re pulling your shots. It’s very easy to do with a tiny gun. Try loading a couple dummies or have someone else do it. ALL WILL BE REVEALED. Try a good grip well the best you can muster with this guy. See. If that helps.
Try staging the trigger too. Watch a couple videos of trigger staging. It’s sort of a lost art from the days cops carried revolvers. Get so you can do that and you’ll shoot better with any handgun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts