Ruger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Brought home a brand new LCP II .380 today... This is my first Ruger, and we are already starting off on the wrong foot. Haven't even fired one round yet, and after closer inspection realized that both frame insert pins are missing from the gun. A brand new firearm with multiple missing parts, how does that even happen? How much concern/skepticism should I have regarding this specific unit? I'll contact Ruger in the morning, but confidence in their product at this point is already shot. Total excitement to total disappointment in a matter of minutes. :mad:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Lew, sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, things like this happen on occasion. Did you not inspect the gun before you bought it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lew, sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, things like this happen on occasion. Did you not inspect the gun before you bought it?
[/QUOTE]
I did (kicking myself afterwards). Unfortunately, not familiar enough to have caught it right away at the store. There was also a big cable lock attached at the time. Once I saw the holes, I started looking at pics and parts diagrams, and realized the issue.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I did (kicking myself afterwards). Unfortunately, not familiar enough to have caught it right away at the store. There was also a big cable lock attached at the time. Once I saw the holes, I started looking at pics and parts diagrams, and realized the issue.
[/QUOTE]
Sorry to hear your troubles. Something odd about holes! Any pics? All the Ruger's I bought brand new did NOT have the cable lock attached to firearm. The lock was in case and in plastic. Contact Ruger and good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts