Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
... I Never Leave Home Without It :D

One of the biggest advantages of the LCP is that it is soooo "convenient" to CCW and not leave at home for one reason or another. I kinda liken it similarly to just grabbing as a matter of habit, like one's wallet or keys, and putting it in your pocket automatically on the fly. For it's intended use, and considering most retired seniors like myself are not in a war zone or le type of environment, this little .380 with 6+1 from 21 feet in is the ticket and the go to for up and about around the town.

For those that have or are intending to purchase one, it should be noted that Ruger now has updated certain parts to insure even better function and reliability. The older recoil springs were 9 pounds and the old take down pin had some issues in the past. They have been corrected with the following drop in parts now available from Ruger. The newer stock recoil springs from Ruger are now around 11 pounds and the newer take down pin has been redesigned to insure it won't break or ever walk. I called Ruger CS, and they provided me with the new parts free of charge. Ruger CS imho is the best in the business short of none. Additionally, I also updated the guide rod to Galloway's stainless steel guide rod similarly to that of the new custom model.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
I agree, if it is not convenient to carry my LCR or XDs .45, my LCP is in my pocket.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts