Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up.a new lcp ll. I watched some reviews and it seemed like a good little gun. But I have been reading about people having FTE or FTF issues with them. I have not fired mine yet but just wondering if they got the issues worked out or should I expect problems?. Thank you

·
Registered
225 Posts
I recently bought both the .380 and .22 versions of the LCP II. I have had great success with both of them. Zero gun issue with the .380, much nice the the LCP2 it replaced.
As for the .22, day1 was problematic until I made sure the top round was seated properly and started using an extra firm grip while firing. The only issue since was one CCI Stinger being a dud.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have the II model. It works like a swiss watch. I have seen the complaints mentioned. Some appear in this forum. Keep this in mind. The LCP and LCP II sales exceed a million guns. The quantity of complaints is minuscule compared the number sold. It is a rare gun that will not have some failure complaints. I think some of the LCP complaints are the result of four things: improper cleaning, bullet shape, limp writing a snappy small gun, and then equipment defect. I have no doubt that with the volume sold that some guns get past Ruger QC. The good news for those,owners is that Ruger will fix it.

Reactions: rickclark28

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,633 Posts
I can speak to my experience only. My LCPII22LR has just under 800 rounds this week. No issues. I decided to start enjoying it after many test runs. Clean it, get some good ammo, practice with your grip and have fun. Ask questions and get some assistance if you need. Good luck and be safe.
PEACE FAVOR YOUR SWORD.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the 380. It’s been great. I just make sure I don’t use cheap ammo. All my guns don’t like WWB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
My LCP II .380 had 9 FTEs in the first 400 rounds. Since then, it has gone over 900 rounds without a failure of any kind. Break-in I guess, but for the gun or for me? Who knows.

My .22lr was a bit of an adventure. Discounting the 150 rounds of Federal AutoMatch bulk crap that I should have known better than to try to use, I have 550 rounds of good ammo through it. It had 5 light strikes in the first 250-300 rounds, but since then has gone over 250 rounds without any failures.

IMO, these LCPs are not highly refined guns, and need some time for everything to wear in and work properly.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Feel good, but test and practice extensively. Small guns will by their very nature be more problematic than full sized guns. By the book, your gun should be reliable with any factory ammo. I don't live in a book, though. I have found the smaller the gun, the higher the need for quality ammo and proper maintenance. The same series of events have to happen in your LCP as happen in a full size 1911, but a lot faster and with less wriggle room.

·
Registered
61 Posts
These little fellas due to their SNAPPY nature will sometimes suffer from “ Limp Wristing” Make sure you’re holding on with a nice firm grip to solve that one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
I wanted mine to be reliable, but in a total of about 2000 rounds I sent it back to Ruger 4 times for various problems/failures. After the fourth time Ruger destroyed the gun and offered me a different model.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts