Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a new LCP this past cyber Monday. I had to send it back to Ruger once already due to issues with the mag catch (discussed these in an earlier post). I received it back and the mag now inserts much better and locks into place.

I took it to the range last night and put the first 90 rounds through it... WOW! I love it! 50 FMJ's and 40 Sig V-crown 90 grain HPs and no issues! It shot much easier than I thought it would (lots of folks complain about it being uncomfortable to shoot). If I hadn't run out of ammo for it, I would've kept shooting! One thing I noticed was that the magazine tends to move back and forth in the mag well when seated... quite a bit! It had me wondering if my finger would get pinched in the little space between the bottom of the mag well and top of the mag's bottom (not sure that makes sense).

Apparently it didn't cause any issues with functionality, but I own several other semi autos from different manufacturers and none of them have this issue.

Has anyone else had this problem? I can't say if that mag was any less wiggly before I sent it in for the mag catch issue because I never loaded and fired the gun before I sent it back. I searched this issue online and didn't come up with much, so I figured some other LCP owners on here might have had a similar experience :confused:

Thanks folks!

·
Registered
385 Posts
My mags do move a bit when they are in the gun, but I've never noticed any pinching from it.
I use the 7 round extended mag..........much better for the pinky grip.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any experience with the Promag magazines for the LCP?

I was planning to pick up a 7 rounder just to try out. If possible, I might use it as my carry mag.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I bought a 6 rd. ProMag for my LCP, It works just as good as the factory mag that came with it. When my mags [both factory and ProMag] are loaded they don't wobble or move at all, they do wiggle a tiny bit when theres just 1 or 2 rds. in them, definitely not enough to pinch anything.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Mine does not move back and forth, just a little side to side. And BTW, I find it relatively comfortable to shoot as well and I have big hands. I don't like shooting my brothers Glock 23 though, I do find that to be uncomfortable.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Older LCP here, no wiggling. ProMags are the only magazines I have ever had serious issues with, don't use them anymore. For anything.

Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts