Ruger Forum banner

Have you had trouble with your LCP Max 380?

• Yes a little trouble

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Yes alot of trouble

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No trouble at all

Votes: 9 69.2%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
664 Posts
I definitely had issues with mine- sent it to Ruger 2 times. I believe they replaced everything-- and it works good now. So I gotta give them a (y) on it. While mine was going back and forth to Ruger I picked up a Sig 365 in 380 and that has become my #1 carry now. But i still carry the Ruger on occasion. I'll keep it- just too easy to stick it in my pocket and go.

· Registered
91 Posts
Small pistols frequently have more problems.The Max is engineered really well. If it has a problem Rugar will get it fixed. If you don't have problems after 50 rounds you are good to go for many thousands of rounds.

My Max can be limp wristed and limp armed. Zero problems.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I definitely had issues with mine- sent it to Ruger 2 times. I believe they replaced everything-- and it works good now. So I gotta give them a (y) on it. While mine was going back and forth to Ruger I picked up a Sig 365 in 380 and that has become my #1 carry now. But i still carry the Ruger on occasion. I'll keep it- just too easy to stick it in my pocket and go.
I'm going to have to send mine back to, it likes to eat up shell casings. To be honest I'm kinda dissatisfied with the Max .380, I have an Lcp .380 that I've had for a long time, I've never had one bit of trouble with it.
I ordered a Sig 365 .380 last week, it will be in sometime this week , can't wait to get it.

· Premium Member
545 Posts
Both of mine had to go through a break-in period, then settled down. They now have approx. 900 rounds each, and one of them has just started occasionally not locking back after the last round; 4 times in the past 150 rounds. Unfortunately, I have 7 mags between the 2 guns, and I didn't track the mag(s) having the problem. I'm going to start doing that, then call Ruger, assuming the problem continues.

· Premium Member
545 Posts
Fair enough but The 365 is bigger heavier and holds 2 fewer cartridges. I am anything but a Rugar fan and have a P365 9mm. Well made pistol. So I guess I'll back off and say personal opinion only. ;)
I have 2 P365-380s and 2 MAXs. All are good pistols, but the 365 is much softer to shoot. And because of that, it's much easier to shoot accurately, especially fast follow-up shots. I carry the MAXs when I need every last bit of concealability, but I carry the SIGs most of the time. And there are 12-round mags for it, so it has the same capacity as the MAX.

· Registered
664 Posts
but the 365 is much softer to shoot. And because of that, it's much easier to shoot accurately, especially fast follow-up shots
Yep right out of the box my first time to shoot it- I knew then: "this is it." It is my #1 tote.
Still use my LCP Max a lot- usually front pocket carry.
Also carried a Kahr CT380 for quiet a few years. But 7 round mag, and long trigger pull- even though a fine gun- it just can not match the Max or 365. I retired it. BUT- now with Kahr coming out with a double stack with "other refinements"?- I just gotta give that a look see too? Kahrs guns have always been "VG" but the mag capacity and the long trigger pull kinda hurt them. This may be a game changer?

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yep right out of the box my first time to shoot it- I knew then: "this is it." It is my #1 tote.
Still use my LCP Max a lot- usually front pocket carry.
Also carried a Kahr CT380 for quiet a few years. But 7 round mag, and long trigger pull- even though a fine gun- it just can not match the Max or 365. I retired it. BUT- now with Kahr coming out with a double stack with "other refinements"?- I just gotta give that a look see too? Kahrs guns have always been "VG" but the mag capacity and the long trigger pull kinda hurt them. This may be a game changer?
I know what you mean, I got my new Sig p365. 380 today and boy what a gun, shoots as smooth as butter. Real easy to rack and very little recoil, and the sights are dead on.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts