Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fairly new,lightly shot LCP exhibits the apparently common slide out of battery problem- when the slide is pushed back just a wee bit,it will not advance forward. Even in a pocket holster,the gun ended up out of battery while in a day pack.......

By 'lightly' shot I mean approximately 80 rounds.
I know many recommend more rounds to break in.

On the other hand, perhaps polishing is in order.For polishing task I see references to 600 grit sand paper,and products such as Never Dull,and Flitz.

Suggestions please,and Thank You in advance.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
My fairly new,lightly shot LCP exhibits the apparently common slide out of battery problem- when the slide is pushed back just a wee bit,it will not advance forward. Even in a pocket holster,the gun ended up out of battery while in a day pack.......

By 'lightly' shot I mean approximately 80 rounds.
I know many recommend more rounds to break in.

On the other hand, perhaps polishing is in order.For polishing task I see references to 600 grit sand paper,and products such as Never Dull,and Flitz.

Suggestions please,and Thank You in advance.

We had the same problem with ours years ago when it was new & installed an 11# Wolff recoil spring, in place of the OEM 9# spring & it's like a different pistol & works great!

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
We had the same problem with ours years ago when it was new & installed an 11# Wolff recoil spring, in place of the OEM 9# spring & it's like a different pistol & works great!
Yup, change the springs.

Polishing the feed ramp isn't gonna help the slight out of battery problem.

After a few hundred more rounds, things may break in enough to where the heavier springs are no longer needed should the extra tension racking the slide be just too much...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts