Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you heard whether or not it's OK to dry fire the LCP? In the ruger manual for the P89 it says its fine, but there is nothing in the LCP manual. I went to the LGS to buy some snap caps just to play it safe, and they didn't have any in .380 so I will have to order them off the net. So if I have to go to all that, I might as well make sure I really need them.

Also, Is there any reason NOT to carry 6+1 as opposed to just loading a normal mag, and racking one in, and only carrying 6 total? With revolvers I never needed to ask this question. :D

Side note: I got my Desantais Nemesis pocket holster in the mail yesterday...That is a SLICK little holster for the LCP.

·
Registered
653 Posts
From what I have seen on other sites and after speaking to a Ruger Tech. who suggested that the LCP should not be dry fired without the use of snapcaps, I would recommend using snapcaps.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I would (and do) use snapcaps.

I would also (and do) top off the gun to 6+1. Theres really no reason not to and you hope to God there's never a reason to. Let's face it though in .380 ACP I want every round I can cram in the gun.

Heck I want the same thing in .45ACP

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, that kind of confirms what I have been thinking.

Looks like I have to order up those snap caps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I called Ruger twice yesterday and asked each time if it would damage the LCP if it was dry fired and was told it would not damage it to dry fire.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I don't think a gun has ever been broken by using snapcaps. Path of least resistance ...

Ed :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts