Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy everyone. I'll post in the new member section soon.But I need opinions of those who might know if this is normal or not.I just bought this new.It is a small hole on the same side of the ejector.Was cleaning it up and just noticed.

There was so much gunk on it when I looked at it at my FFL I didn't see it.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just saw a video of this on YouTube.The person has the exact same hole.Stated that Ruger claimed it was a defect.And sent their slide in and was returned with no hole.

·
Registered
860 Posts
My LCP has one and I've shot it a bunch so don't think its an issue but would like more info

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My LCP has one and I've shot it a bunch so don't think its an issue but would like more info
I've googled it and then clicked on images and quite a few popped up.

I then clicked on the link and was taken to other Ruger forums where it was said it was normal.But when I get a chance I will see what Ruger says.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Not sure it a real big deal. Looks like imperfections or pocks in the casting to me. Doubtful it's of any safety concern but you never know. I'd send those pics to Ruger and get their opinion.

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
It's a casting imperfection, Ruger will replace it. It probably would never cause any problem whatsoever, but they'll fix it just to be safe.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just picked one up yesterday. Same hole. Sootch on You-tube had a stainless slide with the same hole (i just noticed it in the vid).
May check with Ruger.

·
Registered
444 Posts
My new Gen LCP has the same hole. Has never seemed to cause any problems. Will probably contact Ruger and ask about it.

·
Registered
444 Posts
After looking it over and thinking about it, I doubt this little hole presents any real problem.
I will think it over about contacting Ruger.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I did call Ruger CS. The lady looked into it and came back and said it was normal and would not cause any problems. Good enough for me.

·
Registered
542 Posts
GONRA sez nobody likes "casting voids".
We're "good sports" when they are on WW II era 8mm Nambu Japanese M94 pistols,
(and some other "collector items") but NOT MODERN PRODUCTION!!!

Obviously, nothing bad is gonna happen with this Ruger, but it looks VERY BAD!

Putting up wth CASTING VOIDS at Today's Prices - are you kidding?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts