Ruger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a new LCP 2 weeks ago.

At the range yesterday the takedown pin came out during firing sending the slide rail assembly down range. After recovering all the parts (rail, barrel, and springs down range--takedown pin at my feet) I assembled the pistol and put an additional 50 rds through it without incident.

This was the second trip to the range for the pistol. First trip fired 50 rds with two FTE's (both stovepipes). Ammo was CCI Blazer Brass 95 gr FMJ. Thorough cleaning and takedown prior to first shooting and immediately after. Takedown pin needed normal force for removal (use of a flat blade screwdriver) and reasonable force to put back in.

Disassembly occurred during the second trip to the range after approximately 30 rds. Examined all parts for damage or defects (slight blemish on rail from hitting concrete floor). Parts appear to be normal. Reassembly was normal with no apparent looseness, misfit, or misalignment of parts. Operation after assembly was normal with 50 more rds going through it.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Just purchased a new LCP 2 weeks ago.

At the range yesterday the takedown pin came out during firing sending the slide rail assembly down range. After recovering all the parts (rail, barrel, and springs down range--takedown pin at my feet) I assembled the pistol and put an additional 50 rds through it without incident.

This was the second trip to the range for the pistol. First trip fired 50 rds with two FTE's (both stovepipes). Ammo was CCI Blazer Brass 95 gr FMJ. Thorough cleaning and takedown prior to first shooting and immediately after. Takedown pin needed normal force for removal (use of a flat blade screwdriver) and reasonable force to put back in.

Disassembly occurred during the second trip to the range after approximately 30 rds. Examined all parts for damage or defects (slight blemish on rail from hitting concrete floor). Parts appear to be normal. Reassembly was normal with no apparent looseness, misfit, or misalignment of parts. Operation after assembly was normal with 50 more rds going through it.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
I have heard of this happening, but we have never had a problem.
We did have a few of the frame pins move to the right a little, but reset them with a wooden dowel & it did not happen again.
All I can suggest is to check it after every couple mags. Also, do not oil it after cleaning, keep it dry.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts