Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been discussed, but I couldn't find anything on it. Trying to decide between the LCP and LCP Custom. I have handled both in the shop, and as far as trigger pull, I feel no difference. But I have read that the design, shape, and length of the LCP C trigger results in less of a beating when you fire the gun. The guy at the shop has an LCP, and says his finger gets slapped around a lot when he shoots it and sometimes gets "stuck" under the trigger. On another post, a guy said he dislikes the LCP C trigger because of its sharp edges (which I don't recall feeling.)
So ... If anyone actually has fired both models (no guesswork please), can you let me know what the differences are, if any, in the triggers.

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
I have fired both. The LCP is a bit more unwieldy. The Custom has a shorter, crisper trigger. Plus, those sights! I think the Custom is worth the few extra bucks. I find it to have a nicer trigger, better sights, and a bit more manageable.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Just wish they hadn't pimped it out with a red trigger! I am thinking they will come to their senses and eventually go with a black trigger. I'll probably pick one up anyway, though.

·
Registered
385 Posts
You can buy the regular LCP and put in the sweet pea trigger that Galloway sells, it's available in black and is fully adjustable.

But the sights on the custom are much better, but may be a hassle for pocket carry.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I have had both the regular and the custom. The regular version would pinch my finger under the bottom of the trigger. The custom does not do that.
The regular gun is gone, the custom is in my pocket right now. Well worth it.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Never interested in the LCP until the Custom came out. It carries fine with the taller sights. I carry it with holster in some pants and with two of my pants I carry it without a holster. Good both ways.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts