Ruger Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
10,157 Posts
The Kahr CT380 appears to have a longer grip to me. As much as I like the Glock 42 it does seem to be to larger for pocket carry. I do no care for the Ruger LCP because of the sights and all the ad ons you have to make so they are not so much of a snap on your wrist to shoot. But now I like the sights better on the Kahr .380's how are they to shoot?? The CT380 might be easier because of the longer grip. Well I am just going to have to look at some of these pistols I guess and see what happens!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've owned two LCP's. The first for about one year until I lost interest in the .380 caliber and got rid of it. And my second is one I just bought recently when I realized I really couldn't live without an ultra-small highly-concealable pistol for those occasions when I can't dress around my bigger guns.

#################

My LCPs have never let me down. Both have fed, fired and repeated every single time. For that, I love the LCP.

But it has annoyances. Namely the small sights, quirky trigger reset (it clicks twice - once false-click during mid return and one real one at the end; and if I spend time riding the reset on my other guns, the first false click throws me off badly), no last round hold open and a weird DA only system that isn't truly double action.

Comparing it against the Bodyguard .380 (true DA, adjustable/changeable sights, last round hold open), the new Pico (lighter, slimmer, good 3 dot sights, last round hold open), the Taurus TCP (better trigger, last round hold open) or the very solid Kahr CW380 (better trigger, better 3 dot sights, and last round hold open), all those pistols have features the LCP doesn't. And all are similarly priced to boot. Part of me is tempted to ditch the LCP once again, this time for a "better" pocket pistol.

Or are they really better? Is there a reason why the weird yet long-lived LCP is still drawing eager customers when a lot of the other .380 mouse guns out there have it beat feature-wise? Is it the LCP's reliability that has everyone still remain loyal and if so, how much more reliable is it, truly?

Just wondering if anyone owns a LCP and one of the others and how do you think the LCP stacks up against them?
I have the LCP 2 (.380). Personally I find it worthless more or less, simply b/c I refuse to carry loaed without a manual safety. Its perplexing to me why Ruger didnt offer a manual safety of the LCP 2 (.380) like they now have on the LCP 2 LR22. And moreso, they had the chance to add it to the LCP Max & didnt. 🙄🤔

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have an LCP .22 and love it. The lack of a manual safety keeps me from pulling the trigger on the .380 version. If they added a positive hammer blocking thumb safety like the Colt Mustang that would be perfect.

In any event, it seems the mini .380's are getting pushed overboard by the new crop of micro 9mm's. Of the four versions of the Colt Mustang that were once available (Sig P238, Kimber Micro, Springfield 911, Colt Mustang), only the Kimber is still in full production. Sig keeps one version of the P238 (barely) in production because it's legal in California. Kel-Tec has discontinued the original micro .380, the P3AT. The Taurus TCP is gone and the Spectrum is circling the drain. The original LCP is still kicking but who knows how much longer.

I like the small .380's myself, the Glock 42 is my favorite. A tiny 9mm pistol isn't going to do me any favors, I just can't shoot them worth a darn. The tastes and trends of the gun market change with the wind, so if you see a gun you want better jump on it while you have the chance.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
My Guardians in .32 ACP are my pick. All stainless, no safety needed, no wrist snapping. Just aim and squeeze.

Reactions: MitchSC

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have the LCP 2 (.380). Personally I find it worthless more or less, simply b/c I refuse to carry loaded without a manual safety.
Because it is in a pocket holster when it is in my pocket covering it's safety toggle trigger.

When it comes out of the holster, my finger is not in the trigger well.

It works for me and as far as the 7 year old question is concerned, the obvious answer is, the LCPII. (y)

With a Hogue grip and 7rd magazine, the wife thinks it shoots better/easier than the Security9c.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts