Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have one of these yet? LookiNg for something for my wife today and she likes the Firestorm .380. The guy behind the counter suggested waiting for a LCP. Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have the Bersa T380 CC model. Your wife would really like it and so would you. I can carry it in my pocket, and it is 8+1 with a loaded chamber indicator, decocker, and magazine safety. It also has ILS, but I never use the feature.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I was able to look at an LCP on display at Guns And Ammo in Memphis and I was impressed with it.
Terry

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
have not yet had the oppturnity to fondle one. Want to........
The firestorm will probably be much easier to hit with and easier on the hand. Bersa thunder 380's are the best kept secret on the planet--behind the ruger p-90 of course! Great guns.

The little ruger will be a great deep concealment weapon---easier in that regard than the firestorm. If you have seen one of those kel-tec 380's----its awful close to one of those in size.

·
Banned
36 Posts
I got my LCP two weeks ago for $280.00 + tax out the door. It shoots straight on and is real accurate at 7 yards. The further out you shoot accuracy starts to wane.

I have sent 100 rounds down range (50 WWB 95 gr BEB, 20 Cor-Bon 90 gr JHP and 30 rounds of Remington Golden Saber 102 gr BJHP) without any malfunctions. I have promoted my little LCP to full time summer carry in my right front pocket. I use the Desantis Nemesis pocket holster.

I'm not trying to offend the P3AT crowd, but the quality of the LCP is way better than Kel-Tec's little 380. The P3AT looks like a cheap Saturday night special compared to the LCP. I did not have to smooth out any rough seams or file down or buff anything like so many P3AT owners do with their little pistol right out of the box.

The only complaint is, I can't find a magazine finger extension to fit the LCP magazine. I looked at a P3AT today to see if one for that gun would fit, but the store was out of them and the P3AT had a smaller and thinner base plate, so I don't know if that will work or not.

If you're in the market for a small consealable pocket gun, check out the LCP. IMO Ruger has a winner with their little pistol....

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Hey, AZ, how do you like that holster? I'm think of using a pocket holster too when mine comes in. You carry with one in the chamber? I know some who don't for fear of accidental discharge. I don't get that, but to each his own I guess. I'm just wondering which is the best way to carry it. :D

·
Banned
36 Posts
Hey, AZ, how do you like that holster? I'm think of using a pocket holster too when mine comes in. You carry with one in the chamber? I know some who don't for fear of accidental discharge. I don't get that, but to each his own I guess. I'm just wondering which is the best way to carry it. :D
I like the Nemesis. It stays put in your pocket when you draw.

Yes, I carry the LCP and my other pistols with one in the barrel. Unless you pull the trigger it won't go off. Why waste a couple of precious seconds racking the slide after you have to draw?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Unfortunately, the LCP is not yet "Massachusetts Compliant"! My dealer said he won't know until they give him the word. MA can be such a pain! Beautiful looking piece; I was impressed with the video. Happy that you like it.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I like the Nemesis. It stays put in your pocket when you draw.

Yes, I carry the LCP and my other pistols with one in the barrel. Unless you pull the trigger it won't go off. Why waste a couple of precious seconds racking the slide after you have to draw?

I agree with you. Plus I think that racking would draw to much attention to you if you were trying to be quiet about it.

Thanks AZ. :)

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
perhaps ruger was pleasantly suprised and unprepared by the demand for it. Hopefully ruger will keep a slow yet steady good product rolling out the door intead of a fast and sloppy one..........

·
Registered
653 Posts
I put my order for the LCP in the mail today. With my armourer's discount it will only cost me $255.00 including shipping and FFL transfer fee. I can not wait to get this little gun. It seems to be about perfect for CCW, and with the right ammo carrying the .380 does not bother me at all.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm waiting for the review coming in....from someone who owns both the Kel Tec and the Ruger before I spend my money. I already own a P3AT...don't think much of the design and less of the .380 caliber. It is pocketable...its only strong point. I want an objective view telling me just why the LCP is superior.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I'm waiting for the review coming in....from someone who owns both the Kel Tec and the Ruger before I spend my money. I already own a P3AT...don't think much of the design and less of the .380 caliber. It is pocketable...its only strong point. I want an objective view telling me just why the LCP is superior.
One of the major improvements I can see in the schematics of LCP over the P-3AT is that Ruger changed the trigger bar so it inserts from the top instead of the bottom. There have been reports on the KT forums of people having the trigger bar fall out of their P-3AT. I have a P-3AT with an Armalaser that has proven reliable. I will not be selling it to get an LCP but if I were in the market for a .380 today I would be waiting until the LCP had been in wide distribution for three months or so to see how well the do. I'm also curious to see how the trigger is on the LCP vs. the Kel-tec. To me the LCP is a looker. I think it captured that small slick sexy look of the Walther PPK. The P-3AT on the other hand is just a boring looking lump of plastic and steel. The LCP says,"touch me and admire me, show me off to your friends" the P-3AT says, "put me in your pocket quick before someone sees me." The LCP is the Prom Queen, the P-3AT is the deformed child kept locked in the dark backyard shed and never mentioned. I'll stop now.:)

·
Registered
115 Posts
the trigger on the lcp is very smooth
when i picked mine up i let 4 other people dry fire it and they all said the trigger was real smooth and sweet

1 - 20 of 38 Posts